国内上大学是千军万马过独木桥,能考上大学已经是金字塔顶了(至少当年是),

上完大学又能出国的,一般又在这金字塔顶的顶上,

正如我们出外访问的中学生素质比平均水平高不少一样

所以国外中国工程师干得好实在是应该的,

如果因此认为我们中国人有多聪明未免有些托大

妄自菲薄不对,妄自尊大也不对,

平常心,平常心

• 家园 another thought

they have better job security if the code is buggy, as long as it is under control. 大宋's action is really not that smart in terms of his own benefit

1) if there is no problem any more, the department won't need a position for this job. he will hen lose the job.

2) when document are ready, he is easy to be replaced.

2) when he finished the job too quick, it usually have two side effect, a. it shows that the boss is not smart before to recruit right people. b. the peer coworker is not as good. both are very bad for office politics.

i have seen similar stuff in my work. sometime things done by coworkers can be unreasonaly complicate, and easy to have error. At begining, I feel that it is because I am smart, but later I feel quite different. Most boss only need you to perform as good as he can understand. Most boos don't have vision or need to look steps ahead, so meet his deadline is more important to get things correct and solid. speed rather than quality is much more important to him.

• 家园 谢谢分享经验,一般人都不喜欢比自己聪明的人!
          • 家园 谢谢你的关心

我只是个小小intern,我的出发点是希望老板给个好reference去找工作,所以一直尽全力的去做。的确,很多时候需要留个心眼,可是没有身份的international student是很难在政府部门留下来的。所以我也没想这么多了。

后来找到另一个喜欢的intern之后,老板打电话找我回去做,答应给职位解决身份问题,也的确不是因为这个程序,而是我后面帮她做的东西,得到她的老板赞赏,还有和各大consulting companies的vp们的赞赏。最后仍然没有回去,是感觉在政府部门工作虽然很轻松,可是事情很琐碎,感觉好像一辈子什么都做不成的感觉。后面慢慢说,这的确是挺有趣的经历。

• 家园 Don't take it too serious

Office politcs is an art. Too "smart" is not good, too "dumb" is also not good either. However, where is the balance is quite hard to determine.

• 家园
    • 家园 老印写的程序非常啰嗦

一点也不紧凑,我看到了就忍不住要砍枝削杈,得了个外号叫左罗

• 家园 很少遇到高水平的印度人,不过人家在交流方面确实牛!

而且很多时候需要靠交流解决问题!

• 家园 印度人来美的门槛比中国人低,所以常碰上平庸的

但是高水平的印度人多的是,不论是金融,法律,IT,都有大量很优秀的,占据高位的。

• 家园 我的本意不是说印度人没有高水平的

那个国家的都有高水平的人,这就是正态分布。不过感觉印度人之所以能占据高位而且创业成功比较多,个人以为有以下因素,

一老美对他们的敌意较少;

二是他们在交流方面确实胜过我们,在公司里面普遍公认,七分在交流,三分在技术能力,我指的是技术能力;

三老印比较团结,容易帮传带,互相提携;