西西河

主题:【原创】3DMAX法拉利跑车Modeling日记(1) -- Slay0r

共:💬18 🌺37 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看 上页
      • 家园 我也问过这个问题

基本上初学CG的都会遇到maya还是3dmax的问题,其实他们的区别和IE与FireFox一样,都是做CG的,都可以制作出Matster作品,只是在具体操作上,实现同一个效果途经可能会不一样。各有各的特点,最终还是看喜好了。建议是不管选哪个,要盯住其中一个来学,换来换去不好。

一个老资格CG的建议:

They both get you the same result, after having years of exposure to both packages professionaly I can say and most agree the modeling tools in Max are far beyond Mayas. I do like the camera controls, Hypergraph, Hypershader of Maya, but I find myself doing several more steps to produce art with Maya.

Max has many awesome modifiers for meshes:

Shell - This creates a 3D shell on faces so you don’t have to model the inside or if you say shattered a clay jar you add this modifier and it creates those faces for you with bevel controls

Sweep - run this on a spline and you have full control of changing the number of sides, shapes etc.. in realtime without having to change the shape and loft on a spline

Edge Connect - This allows multiple connections by numeric input and allows you to slide those connections along a face

Insert - Rather then using extrude in Maya without going on the Z axis this will inset some faces and is seperate from the Extrude tool

All the Polytools have sliders so you can see the results as you change them rather then numeric input (enter) then seeing result

SoftSelection - They recently added this to Maya but I find it’s not nearly as good as the one in Max - allowing fall off effect so you can manipulate multiple verts.edges, faces at a time

Mental Ray Shaders - These are really cool and easy to use

Running UV unwrap - The cylindrical mode will actually detatch from the other side and spread out correctly and Maya it can’t seem to figure this out so it overlaps itself when applying cylindrical mapping to faces

There are Pro’s and cons to each package, but I find I get better faster results in Max despite the camera interface controls that Maya dominates in.

• 家园 基本同意,除了渲染引擎

max自带的mental ray实在是太慢了。

不过有Vray这个坚决独立于建模软件之外的牛插件支持,3D Max的确是建模首选。

反正现在autodesk把能买下的都买的差不多了。从maya. xsi到mudbox,imagemodeler,一桶浆糊啊一桶浆糊。

目前市场上值得关注的建模软件除了autodesk家的,要玩多边形,我看好modo,要说nurbs,当然是犀牛。

其实作为外行,有很多小软件价格便宜量有足,比如silo,sketchup,MoI.没事可以拿来练个小手再作决断不迟。

• 家园 多谢,以前用maya做过课上的作业

挺有意思

分页树展主题 · 全看 上页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河