家园 在纽约,耶鲁绝对比伯克里吃的开,即便是CS

至少在美东,ivy league本科文凭的对jump start your son's career是很有帮助的。

更别说耶鲁还有资助,从投资/回报的角度上,更不用挑了。

家园 Cal 是你最好的选择!

耶鲁的计算机肯定不如咱。

而且出路是硅谷的话,师兄们照应也比较方便啊!

家园 有prelaw.
家园 Why berkeley pt 2

This gets easier for me in English instead of Chinese, so bear with me.

First, congratulation to your son. Now let me do a quick pitch for why Berkeley.

Unless your son is going into politics, want to climb the corporate ladder in one of the fortunate 500, hope to break into the now-defunct finacial industry, Cal is a better choice than Yale. Your son is Chinese, and he will always be discriminiated in the race in these fields. Yale will help, but not that much.

But your son wants to pursue a career in Computer Science/engineering - gaming design I believe. That means he should be hanging out with geeks, nerds, and basically people who goes to Cal. (I am a bear so I can get away with this.) Also, think of where the gaming companies are? Blizzard, Activision, and et al, they are all in California. Your son will need internships to get into the industry, where is he going to go and who is he going to ask for help?

My roommate in my senior year was a CS major and is now working in the gaming industry. He worked on the incredible's console video game. I don't think he has any colleague from Yale.

Last but not least, George B Bush was in Yale, that in itself speaks volume of Yale.

家园 那个不算数的

Bridging course而已,得法学院才是正经。

家园 Holy crap!

This is probably the most partisan post on college selection I have seen in a while

家园 不算啥

当年才猛捏……

家园 美国佬说的顶尖名校就只有hyp,哈佛耶鲁普林斯顿,

有时候把斯坦福也算上。咱们中国人熟悉的麻省理工啊哥伦比亚啊是不算的,公立的都不算。

这个我是问过几个美国佬的,他们都这么说。其实道理也比较简单,这几个学校都比较小,将来互相拉关系才方便啊,你看奥巴马这一上台,一大堆哈佛的官。

家园 当然YALE啦

又有奖学金. Yale的名头岂是BERKELEY能比的. 当然我是指民间不指学术界. 学术排名什么的对YALE这种档次的都是BULLSHIT.

家园 今天决定日,来看看结果. 贵公子一定得过省以上

奖,或有过人之处,否则难进Y.

家园 HYPSM, MIT也算.
家园 恭喜

楼下的同学们似乎在争CS,可人家孩子是Computer&Arts,这个和CS关系不是很大吧,四大CS名校不见的这个做的好,最多应该找CG好的学校,好像这个方向比较NIU的是NCU,Utah也不错。CMU、Cornell是不是也挺好?

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河