家园 胶菜同学还没有小孩子吧

到时候你就理解了。

你最后一句是对的。我女儿英语不好,理工更不行,所以读了计算机相关的。读文科对多数国人而言读不出好成绩,当然钱钟书那样的例外。

家园 三四线的还要考虑家属

如果能自带家属,都愿意在国外打拼, 都还罢了。

美国这边, 找一个对眼的国男还是有点难度的。

感谢
家园 读会计(accounting)

it is much more meaningful to take as much accounting courses as possible. the problem is entry salary of accounting is fairly small. there's always jobs for this major.

and don't pay too much attention to the expensive college name recognition, many state universities have decent accounting major

通宝推:吴用,
家园 以移民为目的的话

还是加国和澳国比较友好,本科毕业之后找工作,或者再念个硕士,把年头凑够了就差不多了。加国拿了枫叶卡就可以给父母办,团聚方便。不像美国,得入籍才能给老人申请绿卡。

英国不了解,美国念书之后留下的越来越难了,理工科专业(STEM)还好一点,文科商科出来能够支持身份的工作不多。大公司有可能,但对学校的要求就高了。不执念于商科的话,也可以考虑教育方面的工作,中小学做老师,收入一般但稳定。

家园 both are not easy roads

学个会计比较容易找工作。能找个英国男友(或华或洋)留下来最好。

(a very low paying job at least at the get go)

(if you try to hitchhike on marriage for practical usage, many times there could be problems down the road)

如果她不肯听你的,只想在外国混个文凭再回国。那在英国找个便宜的学校混过来,也很容易。

(here name recognition is valuable)

keep learning practical academic skills and social skill, see the world, it is going to be useful. but not going to be easy either way

通宝推:夜如何其,吴用,
感谢
家园 a bit sad

i am seeing a loving parent wanting to do the very best for the child, and the prospect is neither easy nor very bright -- in practical real world terms.

I believe your love to the child shall be recognized by your child. it is the loving and caring that matters the most, and more than any practical gift you can give.

but be careful not to burden yourself with too much financial stress because it will be an emotional burden that is too heavy to bear.

(sorry i have to type in English)

家园 过来人才知道
家园 出国应该以留下为目的

agree totally, but this is getting much harder recently, or shall we say the game has changed already. i have a feeling this time the immigration door is almost closing.

家园 还有精算 审计现在也还好
家园 seen too much

i have seen many follow each of the two roads (people usually are not dumb and know what's a probably way to get ahead).

for the first one, there are girls who were trying so hard to land a husband but keep being taken advantage of. Really feel sad seeing this.

for the second one, the college is always too expensive for the entire family to handle, and the name brand value is always not so much to justify the sacrifice of the family.

家园 精算 is good

the more experience in this trade, the more valuable it is. A very rare profession that aged like wine.

家园 oh well,

some point out the disadvantage in your kid's weakness in competitiveness, please don't take it wrongly. it's just how it is if you see it without emotion.

the environment for overseas students from our country is getting much worse here in US and probably also in UK, so it is better to expect much difficulties in advance.

家园 大实话呀!男女歪瓜裂枣的多!

在国外土猪拱白菜是常有的事。

全看树展主题 · 分页
/ 12
上页 下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河