西西河

主题:【文摘】北美独立战争: 美国人编出来的神话 -- 李根

共:💬110 🌺499 🌵5 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页
/ 8
上页 下页 末页
家园 其实法国人跟美洲殖民者是有牙齿印的

独立战争前的7年战争和对印第安人战争里,老米干掉的法国佬不会少。 说是打印第安人,其实是打亲法的印第安人。英法美洲大陆争霸战,法国佬输了,然后让英国佬最后也丢掉。

家园 其实法国当时是败在英军和前美国的联军手里的

很多后来的独立战争的英雄都参加过英法的这场战争。法国看到他们两家打起来当然是很高兴,不过法军的参战却跟当时那些志愿参加独立战争的法国贵族有关,主要还是他们说服了法王。否则要法军千里迢迢的跨过大西洋去参加一场没有土地可以获得的战争,的确难度还是比较大,光是消耗在途中的费用就够惊人的。后来的美国的两次世界大战的参战的缓慢也跟这样的心理有关。

家园 这个,没有联军一说

那帮家伙也算是英军。

家园 民兵
家园 不过英国也有志愿军

北美大陆的亲英派也组织了军队,人数估计也有上万,不过好像一直是独立作战。没能同英军有效的配合,但本身的战绩相当不错,后来英国失败后,这帮人带着家属逃离了美国跑到加拿大,这几十万人口改变了加拿大亲法人士较多的处境,巩固了英国在加拿大的统治

家园 同意

其实何止是内部说不清楚,就是外部国于国之间的外交也显得僵硬死板,李大人玩过HOI没有?

家园 Ha,That is so-called French-Indian War

According to "american history", that war is so-called French-Indian War - American Vs. French + Indian. And that war is the very First War was LED BY G.Washington.

Because Fench and Indian pushed ameican colonists by horrow ways, Virginian residents followed their leader - G.Washinton defeated french and from then on, GW became the leader of N,american colonies.

In Washinton Memorial - that tallest chimney in DC - in top floor, you could buy a book about this war, american historians did same thing to British as they did to French.

Is that funny?

家园 法国人口当时不止一千多万

应该是三千万,罗伯斯庇尔有诗为证,“您有三千万子民,多么自豪……”

家园 志愿参加独立战争……

按照尼克松的说法,那些人率领的是法国的正规军队,“他们参加战争是有自己的政治目的的。”

家园 别的不说,拉法耶特等法国贵族确实是自愿的

拉法耶特本人变卖了他自己的家产跑到美国,而且事后也没有因此致富。这批法国贵族去美国时候法国还没有正式和英国宣战,说他们是志愿确实没错。以他们在法国的地位和财产确实没必要冒着淹死和战死的可能跑一穷二白,连军饷都发不起的美国去的。另外,北美独立战争法国出动的正规军是海军而不是陆军。

家园 美国发展的机遇和运气不是一般地好

从独立战争到内战,再到一战、大萧条、还有二战、冷战。哪个国家有这样的机遇和运气?

家园 所以,独立战争结束的格局是英美联盟与法国对立

作为回报,英国当然是让美国独立。这也就是为什么美加边界是战事最少的国界的起源。

家园 I read the post above your

comments.

I think Chinese back at home fail to get the whole picture due to selective translation by Chinese authors. Your comments?

家园 I strongly recommend

you to buy a DVD called "The War that Made America".

That DVD will answer most of your questions.

家园 Americans acknowledged

the importance of French assistance. Actually, it is widely believed that without the diplomatic effort of Ben Franklin in Paris and the French money, gun, navy support, the independence can never be won.

French king did not fully commit until the success of Saratoga battle.

France intervened because it wanted to revenge for its failure in the 7-year's war (also called French Indian War in the American textbook).

Many Chinese do not know it because the selective translation by some Chinese authors. In New England, most Americans know and acknowledge the French assistance in their final independence. I had several interesting conversation with local people on the "French Indian War".

BTW, lots of places are named after the French in the State of NY, Vermont and New Hamphsire.

全看树展主题 · 分页
/ 8
上页 下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河