家园 想打死老百姓不容易

1。少,那地方有两三千老百姓就算多了。

2。老百姓有武装的。

3。两边都以绅士自居么,就是烧屋也先请居民先出来。

4。武器也不行,那个枪打不打得进民屋还是个问题。炮么?要么打不了那么远,打得了也不会那么瞄。

5。老百姓早跑光了。

话说南北战争中第一次会战的时候(1st bull run?),还有老百姓跑去野餐观战呢

家园 老大,讲了很多次啊,中央开战前只有4千人

都是疲师,他们的弹药也打得差不多了.中央炮位的长程弹药已经消耗完毕.要发动进攻,先得集结兵力和补给.这事一干,想发动进攻起码也得第4天了.那时候南军还没组织好么?

家园 来来来,看这里

http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/gettysburg/leemarch.aspx

看看六月24日的纪录.

这个鞋厂是俺经济历史学教授提起来的.

家园 还有

这里更直接,解释了为什么会在那发生战斗

http://www.civilwarhome.com/gettysburg.htm

Gettysburg was a small, prosperous farming town. When a Southern brigade first passed through it, its commander noted that it contained a shoe factory. On June 30, a Confederate brigade had been sent to appropriate some of these shoes, but had withdrawn because of a large Federal force seen heading towards the town. The corps commander, Lieutenant General Hill, did not believe the Federals could be so near, and raised no objections when Major General Henry Heth, leading one of Hill's divisions, asked if he could use his superior force to collect some shoes. This was the spark that set off the battle.

家园 老大,sherman那哪是骑兵啊

10万人的武装大游行啊,那个火烧连营烧的可是城市。

家园 对了,死熊猫,前两天我和人吵谢尔曼

那家伙不知从那个南方佬地书里看到的,说谢尔曼武装游行造成南方20-40岁男性四分之一的损失,我怎么想都记得是南北战争南方的全部损失,你找找看。还有那个乌鸦飞过弗吉尼亚也要自带干粮谁说的

家园 啾啾鸠 山贼和熊猫都来西西河了啊

家园 偶来这么久你才看见呐?

怎么思考的官职降的这么厉害?

家园 没办法 现在是循环式的了

好不容易让你混到38000分成一品大员了

别人给你丢一堆花 破了40000分 你就又掉回从九品重新来过

还有
家园 OK, seems shoes was an issue

At least for the Hill's corp. But for the entire confederate amry? I am still suspecious.

Thanks for clearing this out. Over the internet, whenever I googled Gettysburg in Chinese, I always find this unbelievable "shoes story". Thought it was completely fake. But now seems there was something over there. :)

家园 Had the north reinforced the center in the third day?

Seems not right if after the Picket's charge, Meade did not bring up the reserve in the middle.

Also, Meade should have better idea what the south strength is. After the Picket's charge, he should know that General Lee would not have much left. Even if he can not start offensive action on the third day, he would be able to do something on the following days.

I have to admit I did not read much about the afterward actions between both sides but seems Meade basically watched Lee withdrawn. That is just too causious.

家园 还有,觉得是西方方阵的延续。

奇怪的是,其实早年独立战争时,大陆军就用过散兵线。后来反而退回去了。

家园 千万别拿中国的国情来套米国

那地方,你就是现在去看看,也没多少人 -- 米国这里本来就是地多人少,总共也凑不齐几口人。

不象在中国,从东北到华南,每一片山野平原都有密密麻麻的人家,要来一场大会战总会有几个村子裹在当中...

再就是楼下熊猫说的,即使穷凶极恶如谢尔曼等,要烧房子前还得把人吆喝出来呢...

家园 而且当时武器的准头也差。

换句话说,弹着点的分布广,无法做到精确打击。所以要排成方阵的形式,靠弹药的密集来保证足够的杀伤率。

这个规律现在也是一样。以前的轰炸,要一次出动大量的轰炸机来保证目标的摧毁,现在有了精确制导炸弹,战争的形式就都不一样了。

家园 所以,偶们穷人也有出头的日子。
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 6
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河