主题:blogspot上介绍王同学卧底生活的一篇文章 -- wittman

共:💬22 🌺6 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页
  • 家园 blogspot上介绍王同学卧底生活的一篇文章

I really just have to write this.

不得不说的故事

Wow. Just wow. While I have physics and a paper to write, I really need to get this out.

Grace Wang. She's really something.

作者感慨一下,准备介绍王同学

She's quite useful to the media. Both sides are having a field day. The chinese TV are branding her as this terrible traitor while western media is holding her up as the lone voice of reason. They both are neglecting the truth, what Grace really is, beyond the 9 minute Youtube video and glorious interviews.

王同学是媒体的红人,中国tv把王同学说成是叛徒(貌似王同学还用不着动用国内tv去口诛笔伐),但是西方媒体却在up王同学,但是双方都忽略了王同学的一些真相,这些真相是在王同学youtube的9分钟吐沫星子乱飞的演说中看不到的。

When I first met her at a dinner, she immediately spilled her life story. I thought, maybe she was being a slightly socially incompetent fob and trying to make friends. I listened. What a good story it was.

我最早遇到王同学是在一次dinner,她立刻开始吹嘘自己历史,我想,或许她多少有点缺乏社交能力,并且希望交一些朋友。下面就是王同学光辉岁月。

She told of how she was involved in a political group with some top lawyers in China. They were trying to get the truth out of the Tiananmen square incident. They wrote articles and blogs together on the subject. Then one day, one of her friends involved in the group disappeared. They called her, went to her house, tried everything, but she was no where to be found. Then Grace and her parents start freaking out. Grace's dad, at the time the ex mayor of Qingdao, afraid of Grace facing a similar fate, went to her files in the city government and threw them out. She got a new name, and quickly moved to South Korea. At the time, Grace told us that she already dropped out of her high school in Qingdao because she was unsatisfied by the best high school in Shandong province. She moved to Korea, and there she learned English by watching American films. While she was there, she also slept around with a lot of guys. Then she applied to Harvard and got rejected. The next year, she applies again, to Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and Duke. She gets accepted to all but Harvard. She chose to come to Duke because she got the Robertson. She then turns down the Robertson because she didn't want the restrictions set by the program.

王同学说她曾经卷入了一个由国内顶尖律师组成的政治组织,这个组织想弄明白tam真相,他们为此撰写文章和blog,一天,他们中的一个人X突然人间蒸发了,他们找该X,打X电话,去X家里,做了能做的一切,但是都没有找到X(呵呵,X肯定是万恶的tg抓走了,还用说吗)。王同学说他爹是前任青岛市长,害怕王同学遇到和X一样的命运,于是乎在市政府找到了相关的档案,并且把和王同学相关的档案销毁了,王同学于是乎改名换姓,跑路到了南韩。王同学告诉我们,那个时候她因为不满自己的学校已经被高中开除(真要是这样,青岛二中可就背了培养汉奸的黑锅)。在哪里,她通过系统学习美利坚著作掌握了英语。在哪里,她和不少guy上了床。她申请哈佛但是被拒。第二年,她申请了哈佛,普林斯顿,耶鲁,杜克,除了哈佛这个死不开窍的,别的都成功了。他选择了杜克,She then turns down the Robertson because she didn't want the restrictions set by the program.(不大明白Robertson 到底是什么。)

After the story finished, we were all pretty amazed. We were all thinking that this seemingly innocent Chinese student is destined for greatness. After we come back to my room, she proceeds to tell one of us about the guy in the dorm she had sex with. I was quite shocked by this. She seemed so innocent, and we had only been at Duke for less than 5 days. She says the guy was a virgin and now he wants a relationship. We go to the common room, she points him out, and he was playing pool at the other side of the room, totally not paying attention to her.

故事结束后,我们为看似无辜的王同学的民主斗争史吃惊不已,当我回房间的时候,王同学继续说我们中的某guy和她xx过。我很吃惊,王同学看起来是那么的清纯,我们在杜克呆了还不到5天,他说这个guy还是一个雏,我们来到公共休息室,王同学指着房间应外一边正在玩儿撞球的一个人说就是他。

Later on, Grace begins telling us many stories about herself. All she ever talks about is herself.

As the stories piled on, they became inconsistent, and sometimes directly contradicting. People begin question her trustworthiness. Eventually, after months of lies and irrationality, people begin disliking her. For such a trusting and kind dorm like Brown to dislike someone, you really have to be special. And Grace is that special. Now we know she is a liar. She didn't go to Korea or even participate in anything political. She even told people that she wrote her own recommendations for college applications. She made up stories to make herself seem impressive for colleges, and now, the western media.

后来王同学又告诉我们许多关于她的故事,但是这些故事经常自相矛盾。群众于是乎开始质疑王同学的诚信。最后,在几个月没完没了的谎言后,群众终于擦亮了眼睛。像borwn这样一个诚实友善的公寓不再欢迎这个与众不同的王同学。我们现在知道她是个骗子,她没有去过韩国,也没有参与过整治活动。她把这一切都写到了大学的申请中以便使自己与众不同,现在她又在和媒体做类似的事情。

She's overloading by taking around 6 courses. 2-3 of those are foreign language courses. She was angry that the academic dean wouldn't let her do more. Funny thing is, she's definitely not doing well in any of them. I've heard her practice her German, and it is atrocious.

王同学自家压力,学习了6门课程,2-3们是外语,他对学校教长不让她做更多的不满意。有趣的是,这些课程她没有一门学得好的。

She also reads like a maniac. I don't really know what she reads, but it's Chinese literature/philosophy and political theory. She prints hundreds of pages a night to read, parades around with her stack of papers, telling anyone who would listen, trying to impress another person of her political acumen.

She shaved off her eyebrows the other day. Because 1: all her boy problems will go away, and 2: pretty girls never make history.

王同学同时疯狂的阅读,我不知道她在读些什么,但那是一些中国的文学哲学,政治学理论。她每天晚上打印几百页阅读的材料,不时炫耀那一堆一堆的故纸堆,和那些愿意听他白话的人交谈,以便使人们发现她在政治方面的天才。她某天剃掉了自己的眉毛,因为1、她的那些boy都离她而去。2、花瓶不可能创造历史。

She also makes up stories about how people ask to have sex with her or perform sexual acts with her.

Is it me, or is she someone trying to convince herself that she's destined for greatness?

她同时还编造那些关于有人向她提出性要求的故事(后面不大明白)

It would really take a really long time to really describe all my Grace stories and I don't have time for it. But all I can say is, she has been lifted up by western media as a martyr in this battle for Tibet. And she's drinking in every moment of it, because finally, she is being seen as a hero.

What a silly, irrational girl.

我用了长时间来描述王同学的故事,这些只是一部分,但是我要说,王同学已经被西方媒体作为西藏免煮柿油斗士up起来,这让王同学非常陶醉,因为她被看成了英雄。

What a silly, irrational girl.

Oh how could I forget to mention, she wants to be president of China.

差点忘了提醒,王同学梦想是当中国总桶。

翻译的不一定正确,文章来源可信性也无法确切考据。但是这个博客并不是一个马甲。

见http://happinessguaranteed.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

另一文章http://happinessguaranteed.blogspot.com/2008/03/social-lackings.html

• 家园 我的看法 是愚人节笑话吧 看看引文是四月一号
    • 家园 哎,挺可怜了,就这么自己把自己毁了
    • 家园 晕了

这八卦八的.呼唤duke中国人版

• 家园 加一些翻译上的解释

she was being a slightly socially incompetent fob

她是一个社交能力有点缺陷的土包子。

fob=Fresh Off the Boat,指那些刚到美国由于做事习惯和当地人格格不入而显得“傻”或“土”的人。注意:这个词有明显的歧视性,不可以随便用。

----------

Grace told us that she already dropped out of her high school in Qingdao because she was unsatisfied by the best high school in Shandong province.

drop out指的是退学,不是被开除。这里王同学是因为对山东最好的中学不满而把学校开除了。

----------

She moved to Korea, and there she learned English by watching American films.

王同学搬去南韩,通过看美国电影来学英语。

----------

She gets accepted to all but Harvard. She chose to come to Duke because she got the Robertson. She then turns down the Robertson because she didn't want the restrictions set by the program.

Robertson是一个为北卡大学Chapel Hill分校和Duke设立的奖学金,鼓励学生参加社会服务,并培养将来的社会领袖。

看来王同学因为得到了Robertson奖学金而选择Duke,放弃了Princeton和Yale。但是到了Duke以后她又觉得Robertson奖学金的条件太苛刻,所以又不要了。

----------

She says the guy was a virgin and now he wants a relationship. We go to the common room, she points him out, and he was playing pool at the other side of the room, totally not paying attention to her.

她说那个男孩是处男,xx过以后正在追求她。我们去公共休息室,王同学指着一个人说就是他,但是那个男孩正房间另一头玩撞球,根本就没理她。

----------

She even told people that she wrote her own recommendations for college applications.

她甚至告诉别人她申请大学的推荐信都是自己写的。(这对美国人来讲是绝对不能接受的作弊行为,大概王同学到美国不久,还没意识到这一点)。

----------

I've heard her practice her German, and it is atrocious.

我听到她练习德语,口音一塌糊涂。

----------

all her boy problems will go away

不再会有感情上的挫折(boy problem指女孩在和男孩交往中遇到的问题和挫折)

----------

Is it me, or is she someone trying to convince herself that she's destined for greatness?

她是在试图让自己相信她自己的前途无量,还是我多心了?

• 家园 这个英文真不怎么样。
    • 家园 又见芙蓉姐姐

干脆让它当个娱乐明星,到处走秀好了。工资都付冥币,都是千元大钞。

• 家园 这英文一看就知道是中国人写的

博克里的几篇文章都是关于中国的,估计是在练英文写作能力

• 家园 应该是ABC写的.

同意牛腰的观点,此文语气流畅,不是打小在美国长大的,还是写不出这样的东西。

• 家园 得搞清楚这个人的背景

我也有疑问,几篇博客都是关于中国的。

使用证据还是调查一下为好,省得被人倒打一耙。

• 家园 为什么?你怎么看出来的?

这里一些用词只有在美国呆了时间不短的人才会用。

• 家园 呵呵,我也是凭感觉

呵呵,我也是凭感觉

1。美国人很重视个人隐私,除了公众人物如政客,明星,美国人极少在公开场合谈论某个人,更何况王1000元是一个他/她并不熟悉的人

2。在一些社交网站,美国人也会讨论一些个人隐私,但通常仅限于: 我和我的(父母,男/女朋友,丈夫/妻子 ) 等等有血缘关系或非常亲密的人,而王1000元不是,她也仅仅是最近才在中国人圈子里出名的。

3。为了不必要的麻烦,美国人不会以揭露隐私(如和某人发生性关系)这种方式谈论王1000元,更不会给出事情发生的地点(杜克大学),这是从小养成的自我保护的习惯。

4。作者英文很好,比我好多了,但是我感觉他/她用的是中文的语法在写,是一个正式作文和随笔的混合体,而且句与句之间的连接和转承也比较生硬,个别用词值得商酌。

5。就文章来说,从一开始“王告诉我们” 到 ”我“ 怎么看她, 到”别人“ 怎么看她, 中间充满了个人的臆测和想象, 如”我“又是怎么知道王告诉别人她的事的呢? 这是典型的中国式思维。 而文章中对王1000元的人身攻击更是随处可见,美国人一般不会这么做,即使他非常讨厌王1000元这个人。 所以说我认为这是一篇中文语境下的英文翻译。 说白了,就是一篇英文版的大字报。

6。可以想象作者的爱国之心,那种迫不及待的心情,但这么做反而会给王加分,美国人会更同情她,还可能给作者带来法律上的麻烦,建议删除。

• 家园 光看这篇文章确实难下结论

但是写这样的Blog的似乎至少有几个:王1000元这孩子病的不轻

除非那几个blog也是爱国的ABC写的,否则这些blog说明王千源在Duke(不管是中国人还是外国人)已经普遍引起反感了。不过有些blog是3月初发的,在西藏暴乱之前,不会为了爱国原因去写这些。当然这些blog已被block了,否则倒可以去看一下作者的其他文章,文风是否和这几篇一致。

我倒不觉得作者在用中文语法写英文,或许是我离开中文环境太久,没感觉了。我的感觉是写这篇文章的不是美国人就是ABC,至少是在美国长大的人。

• 家园 不太象美国人写的

好多时态不对。

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河