西西河

主题:【原创】爱,没有国界 -- bluesknight

共:💬8 🌺48 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看
  • 家园 【原创】爱,没有国界

周四上班,一个同事问我这次买了什么礼物带回国,我说礼物不买了,把钱省下来捐给地震灾区。她马上拿出钱包,说能不能也替她也捐一些。

谢谢你,Yoong。

周四晚上,我给公司的所有同事群发了一封email,呼吁他们为四川地震捐款。周五上班,一进办公室,就看到一个同事的电脑屏幕上显示的是澳洲红十字会的网页,手里还拿着信用卡。发现我进来,她马上把信用卡收起来,不愿让我知道她是在为地震灾区捐款。

为善而不欲人知,谢谢你,Myla。

一贯迟到的Amanda照例迟到了。看过我发的邮件,她跑过来对我说,看到那些废墟下死去的孩子,心里难受极了。说的时候,眼圈红红的。

谢谢你,Amanda。

10点,Project leader过来了。她说我们team中午一起吃饭吧,大家AA,但你们吃多少钱,我就给灾区捐多少钱,说完就去开会了。Lunch break只有一小时,于是我们订了家离办公室比较近的日本餐馆。她开完会回来,得知我们订了那家餐馆,显得有些不高兴。原因?“It's too cheap.”她说。“Last week my daughter and I went to a restaurant in The Rocks. It's about $90 per head. That's the proper place we should go.”觉得捐款太少的她决定下周再从她的酒庄里拿一箱红酒来公司义卖。

谢谢你,Thi。

我所在的公司不大,我所在的这个project team只有五个人,但她们每个人的行为都那么让我感动。尽管平时,她们对中国可能有着这样或那样的误解,但面对灾难,她们用行动证明:

爱,没有国界之分。善良,是全人类共同的信仰!

附上我在公司群发的email原文,大家如有需要可以参考一下。本人英语水平一般,有写的不好的地方还望河里的大牛们指出

Everyone

I think all of you know that a 7.8-magnitude earthquake hit China's Sichuan province on Monday. Till now, it's already caused over 19,500 death (the final number might reach 50,000). More than 100,000 people injured and at least 12,000 people still buried under collapsed buildings, many of them are children. There are some photos in the attached file, from which you can see how horrible the disaster is.

You might know, the first 72 hours are crucial in the earthquake rescue. More than 50,000 soldiers have been sent to Sichuan, to rescue as many survivals as possible. However, a more difficult thing is to help those people back to their normal lives. They lost their properties, their houses, their families in one second. Now, they have nothing left.

Each single person is weak when facing the earthquake, but we can be much more stronger when we hold together. That is why I'm here to ask you, entreatingly. Please kindly help those people who lose their husbands, their wives, their parents, their children. 10 cents, can provide them a big bottle of clean water. 1 dollar, can give them a hot meal. 10 dollar, can buy them a blanket. 100 dollar, can cover one month's expense for a family.

Your benevolence would be deeply appreciated by me, and all 1.3 billion Chinese.

关键词(Tags): #汶川地震(喜欢)元宝推荐:landlord,

本帖一共被 2 帖 引用 (帖内工具实现)
分页树展主题 · 全看

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河