西西河

主题:【原创】关于钱学森同学海归的调查报告 -- bos

共:💬19 🌺52 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页
  • 家园 【原创】关于钱学森同学海归的调查报告

钱同学诺贝尔奖的堂侄概括的基本正确,“他当时因为和共党有关,最后回中国了”。

1950年,钱同学被吊销了接触机密的安全许可。理由是他和当时美共活动在湾区的一个党支部有关联。FBI找到了一份名字是 H.S.Tsien 的党员登记表。有证人说和钱同学一起啃过恩格斯的“反杜宁论”。 另外钱同学1947年回国奔丧期间写给美国同事的信件,里面流露了钱同学对当时中国国民大会选出的合法政府的失望和不满。

钱同学的反应是预定了加拿大航空飞温哥华的机票,以及从加拿大到香港的船票。还请了搬家公司来打包。这个时候他犯了第一个错误。他同时决定去首都走走关系,看能不能重新拿回安全许可。据 “China Cloud“一书(BY WILLIAM RYAN and SAM SUMMERLIN, 1967),这一决定是加州理工校方的建议,钱同学 ”He did so, but with reluctance“。 钱同学要找的关系是Dan A. Kimball, then Under Secretary of the Navy。 不知道他这个官衔中文咋说。钱同学和他是老熟人了。

Kimball告诉钱同学,”我不相信你是共党“, 并答应尽力帮钱同学努力。但是钱同学犯了一个致命的错误,他透露了回国的打算。 原话是 ”I'm Chinese, I don't want to build weapons to kill my countrymen. It's that simple.“。 等钱同学一离开,Kimball立刻打电话给国务院,”Under no circumstances, should Tsien be permitted to leave the United States.“。 还有就是那句著名的 ”I'd rather shoot him than let him leave the country; he knows too much that's valuable to us; he's worth five divisions anywhere.“。

钱同学回家在洛杉矶机场知道了见Kimball的结果,移民局的官员向他传达了禁止离境的命令。 由搬家公司运往香港的总重1800磅的行李被由八家执法机构组成的联合调查组扣留。

1950年9月6日,钱同学在家中被逮捕。罪名是”a member of an organization ... that advises, advocates or teaches the overthrow by force of the Government of United States.“。 两星期后,以15000元取保候审,钱同学被释放回家。数周后,美国政府对钱学森一案开庭。下面就是那段庭上著名的问答

"Do you owe your allegiance to Communist China?"

"I do not," Tsien replied.

"To whom do you owe allegiance?"

"I owe allegiance to the people of China."

检察官 sparred with Tsien for a moment and then demanded: "In the event of a conflict between this country and Red China, would you fight against Red China for the United States?"

Tsien parried. The situation had not presented itself. There was no such war. Again, Tsien's lawyer protested. His client would need time to think about such a question.

"We will wait here six months," 检察官 snapped.

But Tsien volunteered that it would take only moments. The room fell silent. Five minutes ticked by. Finally, Tsien said, "I can't answer the question now."

"You can't or won't answer the question now?"

"I can -- c-a-n -- answer the question now," replied Tsien, stung, "and the answer is as follows: I have already said that my essential allegiance is to the people of China, and if the war between the United States and Communist China is for the good of the people of China, which I think is very likely to be, so then I will fight on the side of the United States. No question about that."

"But you will make the decision first? You will determine whether it is for the good of the Chinese people?".

"That decision, yes, I would make."

"You will not permit the Government of the United States to make that decision for you?"

"No, certainly not."

1951年4月26日裁定 “Tsien was an alien, a native and citizen of China, who was subject to deportation on the grounds that he has been found to have been, prior to entry ... an alien who was a member of the Communist Party of the United States.” 钱同学被判递解出境,但考虑到美国的国家安全,钱同学被禁止离开他当时居住的洛杉矶县(COUNTY)。

1955年司法部撤销了禁止钱同学外出的命令, 驱逐钱同学的判决立即生效。钱同学登上了开往香港的轮船。与此同时11名被扣押的美军飞行员跨过了罗湖桥进入香港。

"It would be totally contrary to our principles, The United States has not been engaged and is not now engaged in swapping human beings." 这是美国国务院对此事的正式答复。

通宝推:盲人摸象,
    • 家园 Under Secretary 应该是海军部副部长吧

钱同学要找的关系是Dan A. Kimball, then Under Secretary of the Navy。

这儿应该是the Under Secretary of the Navy吧。

从 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Secretary_of_the_Navy 可以看到:

The Under Secretary of the Navy is the second-highest ranking civilian official in the United States Department of the Navy. The Under Secretary, called the "Under" in Pentagon slang, reports to the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV).
      The Under Secretary of the Navy 是海军部第二高官,仅次于海军部长(the Secretary of the Navy),

另外,里面也找到了这位钱学森去找的人(他后来升为部长了)。

Dan A. Kimball, 25 May 1949 - 31 Jul 1951

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

• 家园 原来如此,怪不得钱后来再也不回美国了。
    • 家园 唉,看不懂
      • 家园 这个里面英语不是太难哎,我试着翻译一下。

英语不灵。我只能试着翻译下,不妥当的地方请专家指点。

钱先生赤子之心、功勋卓著,如果翻译里面有不妥当的地方,是我理解和表达的不对,与钱先生无关。

#########分割线#############

关于钱学森同学海归的调查报告[bos 于:2008-12-05 19:33:33

钱同学诺贝尔奖的堂侄概括的基本正确,“他当时因为和共党有关,最后回中国了”。

1950年,钱同学被吊销了接触机密的安全许可。理由是他和当时美共活动在湾区的一个党支部有关联。FBI找到了一份名字是 H.S.Tsien 的党员登记表。有证人说和钱同学一起啃过恩格斯的“反杜宁论”。另外钱同学1947年回国奔丧期间写给美国同事的信件,里面流露了钱同学对当时中国国民大会选出的合法政府的失望和不满。

钱同学的反应是预定了加拿大航空飞温哥华的机票,以及从加拿大到香港的船票。还请了搬家公司来打包。这个时候他犯了第一个错误。他同时决定去首都走走关系,看能不能重新拿回安全许可。据 “China Cloud“一书(BY WILLIAM RYAN and SAM SUMMERLIN, 1967),这一决定是加州理工校方的建议,钱同学 ”He did so, but with reluctance“[钱听从了加州理工校方的建议,但不是很乐意,有些不情愿]。 钱同学要找的关系是Dan A. Kimball, then Under Secretary of the Navy。 [Kimball,海军次长] 不知道他这个官衔中文咋说。钱同学和他是老熟人了。

Kimball告诉钱同学,”我不相信你是共党“, 并答应尽力帮钱同学努力。但是钱同学犯了一个致命的错误,他透露了回国的打算。 原话是 ”I'm Chinese, I don't want to build weapons to kill my countrymen. It's that simple.“。[道理很简单,我是中国人,我不想参与制造杀害同胞的武器。] 等钱同学一离开,Kimball立刻打电话给国务院,”Under no circumstances, should Tsien be permitted to leave the United States.“。[在任何情况下,都不要让钱学森离开美国。] 还有就是那句著名的 ”I'd rather shoot him than let him leave the country; he knows too much that's valuable to us; he's worth five divisions anywhere.“。[我宁愿枪毙了他也不愿让他离开美国;他知道我们太多有价值的东西了;他在任何地方都顶的上五个师。]

钱同学回家在洛杉矶机场知道了见Kimball的结果,移民局的官员向他传达了禁止离境的命令。 由搬家公司运往香港的总重1800磅的行李被由八家执法机构组成的联合调查组扣留。

1950年9月6日,钱同学在家中被逮捕。罪名是”a member of an organization ... that advises, advocates or teaches the overthrow by force of the Government of United States.“。 [某组织成员,该组织致力于传播、宣传、教唆从事武力推翻美国政府的行为。]两星期后,以15000元取保候审,钱同学被释放回家。数周后,美国政府对钱学森一案开庭。下面就是那段庭上著名的问答

"Do you owe your allegiance to Communist China?"

[“你对共产党中国效忠吗?”]

"I do not," Tsien replied.

[“我不”,钱回答。]

"To whom do you owe allegiance?"

[“那你对谁效忠?”]

"I owe allegiance to the people of China."

[“我对中国人民效忠。”]

检察官 sparred with Tsien for a moment and then demanded: "In the event of a conflict between this country and Red China, would you fight against Red China for the United States?"

[检察官和钱争执了几句之后,又质问道“如果这个国家和红色中国爆发了战争,你愿意为了美国而和红色中国作战么?”]

Tsien parried. The situation had not presented itself. There was no such war. Again, Tsien's lawyer protested. His client would need time to think about such a question.

[钱回避了询问,称所描述的情况本身并不足够清楚,这样的战争也没有发生。而且,钱的律师也提出抗议,说在这么短的时间内钱无法思考清楚如何回答这样的问题。]

"We will wait here six months," 检察官 snapped.

[检察官回应道,“我们可以等上六个月好了,”]

But Tsien volunteered that it would take only moments. The room fell silent. Five minutes ticked by. Finally, Tsien said, "I can't answer the question now."

[这时,钱提出他只需要一小会就能想好。法庭陷入一片寂静之中,五分钟过后。钱说“我现在无法回答这个问题。”]

"You can't or won't answer the question now?"

[“你是不能还是不愿回答这个问题呢?”][[这句话不知道怎么翻译好]]

"I can -- c-a-n -- answer the question now," replied Tsien, stung, "and the answer is as follows: I have already said that my essential allegiance is to the people of China, and if the war between the United States and Communist China is for the good of the people of China, which I think is very likely to be, so then I will fight on the side of the United States. No question about that."

[钱有些激动,“我能--能--回答这个问题,现在就能回答你,我的回答就是:我已经说了我对中国人民效忠,所以美国若是为了中国人民的利益而对共产党中国发动战争的话,我想这(美国为中国人的利益而战)是非常有可能的,那么我将站在美国这一边战斗。这一点没有疑问。”]

"But you will make the decision first? You will determine whether it is for the good of the Chinese people?".

[“但是,你需要先做出战争是否有利于中国人民的判断之后,才会决定(是否站在美国这一边)?”]

"That decision, yes, I would make."

[“是的,我会做这样的判断。”]

"You will not permit the Government of the United States to make that decision for you?"

[“你不愿意由美国政府来替你做判断么?”]

"No, certainly not."

[“不,绝对不行。”]

1951年4月26日裁定 “Tsien was an alien, a native and citizen of China, who was subject to deportation on the grounds that he has been found to have been, prior to entry ... an alien who was a member of the Communist Party of the United States.” [“钱是一个外国人,一个生于中国的中国公民,在美国任何地方,或者在进入美国时被发现,钱都应被驱逐出境。……(钱是)一个美国共产党的外籍党员。”] 钱同学被判递解出境,但考虑到美国的国家安全,钱同学被禁止离开他当时居住的洛杉矶县(COUNTY)。

1955年司法部撤销了禁止钱同学外出的命令, 驱逐钱同学的判决立即生效。钱同学登上了开往香港的轮船。与此同时11名被扣押的美军飞行员跨过了罗湖桥进入香港。

"It would be totally contrary to our principles, The United States has not been engaged and is not now engaged in swapping human beings." [这件事完全不符合我们的原则,无论过去还是现在,美国都不急于和中国交换人质/俘虏。] 这是美国国务院对此事的正式答复。

#########结尾分割线#########

多谢石工兄、东方射日兄指教。

本帖一共被 1 帖 引用 (帖内工具实现)
        • 家园 有一个地方不是很准确

"I can -- c-a-n -- answer the question now," replied Tsien, stung, "and the answer is as follows: I have already said that my essential allegiance is to the people of China, and if the war between the United States and Communist China is for the good of the people of China, which I think is very likely to be, so then I will fight on the side of the United States. No question about that."http://www.ccthere.com/article/1930460.html

[钱有些激动,“我能--能--回答这个问题,现在就能回答你,我的回答就是:我已经说了我对中国人民效忠,所以美国若是为了中国人民的利益而对共产党中国发动战争的话,那么我很可能站在美国这一边。这一点没有疑问。”]

这里我们可以看到“which I think is very likely to be”是用来修饰“the war between the United States and Communist China is for the good of the people of China”的,而不是用来修饰“I will fight on the side of the United States.”

所以,本段的翻译应该是:

钱有些激动,“我能--能--回答这个问题,现在就能回答你,我的回答就是:我已经说了我对中国人民效忠,所以美国若是为了中国人民的利益而对共产党中国发动战争的话,我想这(美国为中国人的利益而战)是非常有可能的,那么我将站在美国这一边战斗。这一点没有疑问。”

• 家园 法官这话问得够蠢

You will not permit the Government of the United States to make that decision for you?

奥斯维辛集中营的守卫们当然可以推说他们只是奉命处决犹太人,可照样被判决有罪,理由就是“You cannot let somebody else to make that decision for you.”

这会儿他又想不明白了?

作为一个法律人,everybody is responsible to him/herself; nobody can make the decision for you.

• 家园 感动的我热泪盈眶啊,谢谢!
        • 家园 恩格斯那本书国内的译名是《反杜林论》

当时国家对钱学森能有这么大的号召力。

今天没有钱先生这样的人了,是我们的境界差了,还是国家吸引力不行了呢?

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河