共:💬54 🌺126 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页
    • 家园 图看不见
    • 家园 【整理】美国老兵的长津故事(3)没有人知道

Talking About PTSD

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/-EnBFjG3sQs[/FLASH]

I would tell you: go to your VA and let them check you out. See if you have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) out there because it’s gonna hurt you and your relationship with your girlfriends, with your wives, with your family. You gonna act differently than other people. You are not the same. You are not the same. I believe that you told me earlier that you were two Iraqi campaigns down there. When you came back, you weren’t the same like you went there. And when you went back again, there is trepidation on this, you know, how many times can I be lucky when I’m going down that road. And you can relate to another combat veteran whereas you can’t relate to a civilian. You can’t, because he’s never been through it. It’s not that he is a bad person. You have to be there to know what it is.

The Transition at Home

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/inH5M8UApCo[/FLASH]

Give you a example of my first job. I wanted to get a job in selling shoes. Applied for the job. Little Jewish guy, nice guy, (name of the guy).

So tell me what are you qualified to do it?

I just got out from Marine corp.

What can you do?

Look, I can take orders, I can shine shoes, and I am a professional killer.

He looked at me. This guy has five kids in a ?? ?? 感谢 一如既往 的帮助,这里应该是 draft dodgery , you know.

And he says you are hired.

But, just an example of adjusting in a civilian life.

Because nobody knows what you went through, except you, you and you and me. No one knows that.

Someone says oh I can picture what was it like. No you can’t. Who can picture what was it like? Nobody can picture what was it like except another veteran.

问题

上面标蓝字的地方谁可以帮忙给听听?--- 感谢 一如既往 的帮助,这里应该是 draft dodgery

关键词(Tags): #长津湖

本帖一共被 1 帖 引用 (帖内工具实现)
      • 家园 Jewish draft dodgers

" ... this guy has got 5 kids in a draft dodgery ..."

严格说来, 不是很合语法.但是老兵吗, 就不要苛求了

看来犹太人太精, 逃避兵役出名了...兄弟连只好树个犹太兵典型好保持政治正确

• 家园 真佩服你呀,同时也很惭愧

这个词我应该是听过,见过的,可是不求甚解,到用的时候就想不起来了。

惭愧,惭愧。

另外看你在下面向志愿军致敬的话,我也是深有同感,没有这样的敬意,我也不会来弄这些东西。

总之真的很感谢你的帮助和指点,并且希望常来指点一二,俺也好进步快一点。

• 家园 【整理】美国老兵的长津故事(2)人肉梯田

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/vwf6wHxHyfk[/FLASH]

二稿:

非常感谢 胡亦庄 的把关和帮助,使下面文字的含义更加清晰了。

I do have one very strong recollection that when we were approaching fox hill, I looked up there and it appeared there were dike walls circling the hill.

And I thought what are dike walls for rice paddies doing up there on that side of the hill? (I) Couldn’t figure that out. When we got there closer, I saw that they were dike walls of Chinese bodies!

Fox Company had gotten one .50 caliber Ma Deuce out there. Or at least one, maybe more. And what happened was they were raking these Chinese. As the stack mounted, uhh.. they would take them (machine guns) as they reach the summit at the top of the hill. And the stack just kept growing, growing and growing. It looked like a huge huge dike wall.

And, of course it was not a dike wall after all. And there were no rice paddies.

They were damn glad to see us. And we were damn glad to see them too.

一稿:

I do have one very strong recollection that when we were approaching fox hill, I looked up there and it appeared there were dike walls circling the hill.

And I thought what are dike walls for rice paddies doing up there on that side of the hill? Couldn’t figure that out. When we got there closer, I saw that they were dike walls of Chinese bodies!

Fox Company had gotten ?150 caliber and more deuce? (感谢 一如既往 的指点,这里应该是 one .50 caliber Ma Deuce即M2机枪) out there. Or at least one, maybe more. And what happened was they were racking these Chinese as the stack mounted. Then they would take them as they reach the summit at the top of the hill. And the stack just kept growing, growing and growing. It looked like a huge huge dike wall.

And, of course it was not a dick wall after all. And there were no rice paddies.

They were damn glad to see us. And we were damn glad to see them too.

问题:

上面蓝字部分不是十分的肯定,觉得deuce是Deuce and a Half的简称,指两吨半的军卡,哪位大拿给把把关? --- 一如既往 已经解答了这个问题,答案见上

视频里的这个老兵我前面有个贴子提到过,就是手上纹着"坚守"的那个pxpxpx:【原创】 几张照片,一点感想

关键词(Tags): #长津湖
      • 家园 Ma Deuce

他说的应该是" ... the Fox Company had gotten a fifth one .50 caliber Ma Deuce up there, or at least one maybe more..."

Ma Deuce is M2 Browning machine gun. See link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning_machine_gun

• 家园 我觉得你说的很对,另外,one fifth是不是口误?

我觉得老头紧接着说one fifty/one .50是对one fifth的一个更正。

还有就是可不可以请你听一下这段里的两个单词,我没有太听明白。

http://www.ccthere.com/article/2261155

• 家园 Probably

口语经常有这样的现象...他一边说一边在组织文字...前边可能讲过F连有4挺重机枪,大概都被英勇的志愿军消灭了, 就第5挺算劫后余生敖下来了. 所以下文里说老头和F连的残兵见面都很高兴, 都是从地狱里转了一圈才回来.我原来认识的一个教授的老父是海军陆战队退役的将军. 据说在朝鲜打过仗, 在教授家的圣诞节趴梯上见过一面, 人已经太老了. 也不愿意谈打仗的事情, 没爆什么料.

向英勇的志愿军致敬!

• 家园 这个工作非常有意义!相信下一个纪念日会有成果呈世,花!

要是中朝美韩苏及联军诸国都能有这样的口述史回忆字辑录整理出来,那就是功德无量之事!

向作者表示敬意!

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河