下页 末页
    • 家园 挺乱的

1.悬挂朱毛照片的共军开会誓师,感觉像是解放战争时期。

应该是

2.某城警察在检查行人?看衣服应该是国军或者伪军

国军或者警察

3.大城市人群,不知道在干什么?场景象是在49以前,在共军管理下的可能性不大

不清楚

4.像是在阅兵,卡车拖炮,坦克行进,而且很整齐。后面有很短的群众游行场面,标语上只能看到“立十”两个字。是共军吗?是什么时期?

1959国庆阅兵

5.三个武警执行死刑场面。武警组建于1982年

6.监狱中犯人两个场景。时间?

7.三张不同的照片,有一张是纤夫在拉纤?另外两张不清楚

8.警察在执行死刑?看不清犯人。像是现在警察的衣服,比较奇怪。

最近刚流出的警察练习枪决

9.又一张武警执行死刑

10.饥荒中的灾民和贫民窝棚—这是持续最长的场景,达45秒。是什么时间的视频呢???

看画质是解放前的

• 家园 In states, there is a famous

saying:

If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart;

but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain.

---Winston Churchill

(BTW, the video is a bad match with Glenn's contents. Crap) But Mao's atrocity is out of question, as well as his great contribution and achievement for China.

I feel so lucky that I did not live under Mao's China. Who knows, you and I might just be one of those disappearing "60m". One death is the loss of a lovely life, two death is just a statistic (Stalin). The problem about left-wing liberals: they are idealists who do not see their own dark side in heart and who do not know how to manage an economy and nation.

They seldomly respect life and property right. Idealism often overshadow other people's right of life and property.

During the French Revolution 200 years ago, left-wing parties used "revolution" to suppress different opinions, which resulted in rounds of bloodshed. Left first killed the so-called right-wing then extreme left jumped in and sent the left to heaven in turn. The last extreme group is called "Jacobian". In China's history book, that Revolution was highly praised as an epoch-making event. If you ask French people TODAY, they would tell you it was a period of tragedy and total chaos. Napoleon was praised partially for ending this revolution period and restore peace and order to France so that people no longer randomly chopped off each other's head.

Today's Chinese had a fading memory of cultural revolution and started to be nostalgic about romanticized Mao era.

My mom sometimes complained about today's China with all kinds of problems. But when I ask her which period is better, today or Mao's era, the answer is firm: TODAY.

One old Chinese lady visited his son in States, who is studying for a Ph.D. here. Her first visit inevitably is filled with many cultural shocks and inconvenience in life: difficult in buying fresh veg, different food/weather; most importantly, no person for chat even on street.

She complained to me for 20 minutes. But when I asked her "whether you will visit America again next year"?

--the answer is a strong Yes.

“中国要警惕右,但主要是防止'左'” ——邓小平, that's a bloody summary of the lessons since French revolution to 1980s.

• 家园 介个是斯大林同志说的么?

One death is the loss of a lovely life, two death is just a statistic (Stalin).

外链出处

你是不是还要去进修一下俄语呢?

• 家园 你更牛。

Who knows, you and I might just be one of those disappearing "60m".

其实你真是太小看毛了,这都是中国统计局出的数字,明明是6亿好不

• 家园 6亿=600m, not 60m
          • 家园 NO,NO。6亿更有震撼力

反正是说给老外听,反正是批老毛,你怕啥,越多才越能显示你在美国的优越性和幸福感不是

• 家园 同意你的大部分观点,不过

我觉得你在西西河的留言大部分都很好,很可惜你只用英文写东西,否则能有更多的读者。你可以把自己对美国政治,经济的观察多介绍一下,西西河需要对国外社会有洞察力的河友。

关于毛的问题,我同意你的大部分观点,我自己的长辈也有在文革中受冲击的,但是就是受冲击的长辈也一直拥护政府,爱这个国家,他们只不过在毛的时期受到了不公平的对待,并没有减弱对这个国家的爱。

你写的东西对是对,可是啊可是,不符合现在的环境。邓小平有猫论,江泽民有“与时俱进”论,我们最近20年的成就靠什么?实用主义啊。实用主义可以应用在政治领域,邓小平三起三落,为什么还要给毛主席定三七开?不是为了毛,而是为了执政党的地位。

实践主义也可以用在舆论领域。为什么美国人一提到自己的开国元勋们就是无限深情的“Founding Fathers"? 好像这些都是道德崇高,行为无暇的圣人?一提到斯大林,毛泽东就是如同撒旦降临人间?他们的那些founding fathers私德有亏的也不少,政治上丑陋的行为慢把抓。为什么人家不提?这就是人家宣传战上的实用主义啊。

把你的建国领袖贬入18层地狱,你的政府还好的到哪里去?你政府邪恶,你的经济病态,你的文化丑陋,你们中国人...You know where the trail leads to。

所以,尽管我不喜欢生活在毛时代,另外重新回到毛时代的可能微乎其微,我不在乎读读捧毛的文章,这就是实用主义。英文写的多了,中国国情不能忘了啊。

• 家园 人家

就是帮那边宣传的,这是符合他个人利益的实用主义。

实践主义也可以用在舆论领域。为什么美国人一提到自己的开国元勋们就是无限深情的“Founding Fathers"? 好像这些都是道德崇高,行为无暇的圣人?一提到斯大林,毛泽东就是如同撒旦降临人间?他们的那些founding fathers私德有亏的也不少,政治上丑陋的行为慢把抓。为什么人家不提?这就是人家宣传战上的实用主义啊。

• 人家
            家园 应该不是

我看过他不少回帖,他应该是和咱们一头儿的,我是说在爱国方面,爱不爱政府另说。他的很多回帖都是针砭美国现行政治的帖子,有的很有见地。

比如这贴:parishg:Good news for China

最广泛的联合阵线应该包括所有爱国者,别太武断地下结论,寒了志士同仁的心。

• 家园 一怀念毛时代,就是极左,就说你愿意回到毛时代么?

这是典型的歪理+诡辩,鲁迅早就揭批过这种诡辩术。也就是一种强盗逻辑和话语权专制。

• 家园 Disagree with your comments

First of all, I have to say I like most of your analysis about the culture, politics,and economics on western countries,very impresive indeed.

Mao's atrocity is out of question, as well as his great contribution and achievement for China.
        No one ever denied nor igored the difficulty the whole nation has experienced, it is,however, still way too imprudent and frivolous to conclude it as " Mao's atrocity".

I feel so lucky that I did not live under Mao's China.
        , Not really many people I know of would like to live in that era either, but

Who knows, you and I might just be one of those disappearing "60m". One death is the loss of a lovely life, two death is just a statistic (Stalin).

You talked exactly the same way as the left-wing liberals, and quite honestly, disturbing.

Today's Chinese had a fading memory of cultural revolution and started to be nostalgic about romanticized Mao era.

Today's Chinese are more open minded. Discussing the achievements in Mao era is simply an effort to counter the excessive demonization of Mao which was sadly very "popular" even among our fellow chinese after China adopted reform-and-open policy. Marking those discussion with "to be nostalgic about romanticized Mao era", is itself agaist the very idea of freedom of speach. I personally think it is one kind of imperialism.

You may want to read some of 葡萄's or 陈郢客's articles posted in this forum about what happened and why that happened at that period of time as you refered as "Mao'era". I am not saying that whatever they expressed was 100% correct, but it's always wise to hear both sides of stories, isn't it?

• 家园 I read 葡萄's posts.

I understand his perspectives well. His argument is that so many deaths were necessary costs of social progress.

That's the typical comment from some Chinese elites and bookworm liberal intellectuals.

I do not share his perspectives. I respect individual's rights under law. I believe that individual's right of life, due process before law are above the political ambition of politicians and their rights should not be taken over without due process and due compensation.

That's why I chose to live in Norther America.

It is normal to agree to disagree. Please do not take my comments personally.

BTW, 葡萄's view does have its advantage, since it is easy to build roads, bridges, new houses under this philosophy. That's why China changed so fast in the last 30 years.

• 家园 ......

"That's why I chose to live in Norther America. "

庆幸吧,你摆脱了作为你口中一个非“elite”的中国人的命运。这使你对长辈苦难的一切同情,都让人觉得不过是掩盖自鸣得意的托辞。

• 家园 历史观的问题

你在评价历史时的一个错误就是把两个时间段放在同一个天平上衡量。毛泽东时代和今天的时代被你看作矛盾的,是一个丁字路口的两面。你诱导老人在这样伪造的情景下作选择,这是荒谬的。普通人显然会珍惜现在的生活。现在当然比昨天好。你要问文革时候的老人们,他们也会说新中国比旧中国好。这不能作为你对历史、对革命作出评判的依据。

文革是革命,法国大革命也是革命。革命和战争一样,都是历史上的重大事件,是塑造世界未来的关键时刻。这样的事件以人类社会的集体意志发生和结束。作为后人诚然可以也应当同情当年人的遭遇,但是请注意,这样的感情并不影响革命的历史价值。

不同的历史时期有不同的要求和局限。毛的时代,中国有什么,需要什么?过去三十年,中国有什么,需要什么?今后的中国有什么,需要什么?这是三个不同的问题。如果你用两百年前的法国革命,加上过去三十年中国的进步,指责毛时代三十年的落后,进而证明今后三十年中国应该防止“左”并且“conservative”,那么我佩服你这种刻舟求剑式思维的强大。

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河