西西河

主题:March 17 Saint Patrick Day -- 唵啊吽

共:💬20 🌺19 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看 下页
  • 家园 March 17 Saint Patrick Day

Please celebrate Saint Patrick Day. March 17 is Saint Patrick day. Saint Patrick is Irish patron Saint and Saint Patrick day is Ireland’s National Day. Please wearing in green, eat green, joint the Saint Patrick parade, have a feast or drink a lot of bear, just for celebrating Saint Patrick Day.

Last Saturday, in downtown Shanghai, people got together to have a magnificent Saint Patrick Parade. Yes, you don’t need to be Catholic to celebrate Saint Patrick day, neither you need to be Irish. It’s not the first time Shanghai had Saint Patrick Parade. As far as my Internet search can find, Shanghai has been celebrating Saint Patrick day since as early as 2007.

I joint the Saint Patrick Parade once at New York and I appreciated Celtic Culture. The Irish culture is part of human culture. When Irish immigrants settled on other countries, they keep their culture and celebrate it on Saint Patrick Parade. I especially like their tap dance. I hope we Chinese immigrants can learn from Irish immigrants in this aspect. We don’t need to hate Chinese culture in order to enter West Culture. In fact, we can, just like Irish, be proud of our culture and bring fresh air into local culture in our citizen country. Different cultures should respect each other and should live together. You can feel the humanity spirit in Saint Patrick Parade. Irish people are proud of their own culture. Their cheer their heritage without the need to hate other cultures. They welcome you to share the joy with them regardless your culture background. Feel good about our own culture, and feel good about other cultures. That’s the humanity spirit. Like Irish immigrants, we don't need to hate China in order to be other countries' citizen. Like Irish immigrants, We can love our citizen country and China at the same time.

Saint Patrick Day is a Catholic religion day, but don’t be afraid. Whether you are Catholic, Protestant, Islamic, Buddhism, Confucian, or simply atheist, just joint the parade and celebrate Saint Patrick Day. Irish has not intention to convert you into Catholic by Saint Patrick parade. That’s the humanity spirit of Saint Patrick parade. Irish celebrate their Christian heritage of their culture while respect others' faiths and believes. Freedom of believe can only exist when no one regards believers of other faiths are inferior or evil. Irish celebrate their culture of Catholic background, and welcome people of other believes to celebrate with them. I wish our Chinese immigrants can enter local society while keeping our own Buddhism, Confucian or atheism believes, share our joy with love and dignity like Irish in Saint Patrick Parade.

A Chinese girl I known married an Irish husband. They are a happy couple. Religion, ethnic race and culture are barriers can be overcome by love. Religion, Race and culture should not be barriers separate human into different countries that hate each other. People can live together while keeping their own culture heritage.

Please celebrate Saint Patrick day with every one in your company or your community. You don’t need to be a Catholic or an Irish to celebrate Saint Patrick Day. Saint Patrick day belongs to Irish culture, and belongs also to human culture. Let us joint Irish to celebrate Saint Patrick Day just like we welcome others to joint us in celebrate Chinese Spring Festival and Mid-Autumn Festival.

Please celebrate Saint Patrick day. It’s part of human culture. I hope in the future the world has only one country called the Earth and only one nation called Human Being.

http://xqs.sh333.com/xw/200703/t20070329_1350180.htm

http://chinese.wsj.com/gb/20100315/VID121029.asp

• 家园 嗯,“只有民族滴,才是世界滴,出来了~!”

忘记了是哪位东北笑星的台词。但俺实在是太喜欢这句话的智慧了。

美国社会号称染缸大杂烩,在这样的大环境里不忘记强调本族群的文化Identity,保持本族群文化的community,这样的努力和方式,是值得我们中国人学习的。

吽兄所言的以恨中国而融入西方,这样的人可能是有?我自己出国七年,比在国内的时候爱国爱中华文化。我知道吽兄和众多河友都跟俺一样,所以就不多解释了。

不同民族和文化之间的竞争,是事实 (俺在08年反藏独护火炬期间激愤地写过“我们温情,我们战斗,这个世界就是基因和谜姆的战场”,到今天我也还是这么看。

然而仇恨和战争是最后的解决方案。如果了解和沟通达成互利双赢求同存异,是不必走到那一步的。竞争的方式有很多,通过战争而肉体消灭其载体,毕竟不是历史里的一般经常状态。

当中国威胁论甚嚣尘上,当帝国主义妄图以金融战奴役我们,当中国和她的缔造者们的形象被妖魔化。。。

不卑不亢,积极沟通,让世界了解中国,是很好的态度。

• 家园 哪还缺几个装拨衣的
    • 家园 原文不是你写的吧?

原文作者看起来像是善良而心智未开的ABC teenager。

口口声声中国移民不必恨自己的文化。中国移民纵有出卖自己文化,对白人依附投靠的,那也是被恶劣的对华敌视态度逼的(注:被逼汉奸也是汉奸,此处暂不讨论)。中国人要是能受到对爱尔兰人或者德意志人,哪怕意大利移民同等的认同,也不会有那么多意志懦弱的中国人恨不能把自己漂漂白了,也不会有所谓“通过恨中国文化而融入主流”一说了。作者应该少写有反省性质的文字。

口口声声“一起欢乐吧,不分种族信仰”。好啊,不如一起把斋,一起做拜功。不要因为这个天主教纪念日的乐子多一点儿,就有了向其他人推介的借口。改变不了宗教的内涵。赶明儿把七月一也包装包装,让大伙热热闹闹的。然后谴责不来同乐的白人太自闭。

• 家园 中国人没必要趟这个浑水。戴绿帽子可不干。
    • 家园 让我想起思炎关于"早期美国是如何歧视华人的图片"

http://www.ccthere.com/thread/2686311/2#C2689015

华人的马丁·路德·金

恶棍丹尼斯坚尼的名字,是和排华运动连在一起的。坚尼出生在爱尔兰,早年来美国做发财梦。1876年股市崩盘,他破产了,于是便转向政治投机,组织了 “加州工人党”,将经济衰退、失业率高涨归咎于“廉价的华人劳工”,呼吁“以合法的途径”将华人排斥于美国之外。他靠下流语言煽动排华,第一个在公开集会上喊出“华人滚出去”口号,并且每次演讲结束时必声嘶力竭地重复叫喊这一口号。在加州,小混混坚尼的行径获得了越来越大的影响,并把反华浪潮从加州推向了全美。

王清福应是很早就注意到他了。7月,坚尼来到王清福常住的纽约市访问。被美国媒体描写为“很有风度、中等身材的漂亮男子”王清福,出于对1882年排华法案和坚尼本人排华恶行的强烈义愤,派人向他提出决斗的挑战。

《纽约时报》记者风闻讯息,找到王清福的办公处所做采访,言谈间问他将用什么武器和坚尼决斗。身高不过1.7米的王清福坐在椅子上回答:“由他选择吧:筷子、爱尔兰土豆或克虏伯(德国著名兵工厂)手枪。”但那个政治流氓却没有勇气接过王清福抛出的“白手套”。

分页树展主题 · 全看 下页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河