西西河

主题:【整理】加拿大韩战老兵大卫—鲍温 -- 大地窝铺

共:💬5 🌺33 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看
  • 家园 【整理】加拿大韩战老兵大卫—鲍温

本色英雄的对手能不能放英雄本色里?请版主定夺。

今天看到本地报纸,加拿大韩战老兵大卫—鲍温,朝鲜战争时当过通讯兵。最近收到韩国总统李明博的邀请,请大卫及其家人战地重温,参加韩战60周年纪念仪式。大卫是收到李明博邀请信的2400名老兵之一。

大卫说收到李总统的邀请信,颇感意外。李明博写道:“请再一次接受我们最热烈的感谢和由衷的敬意。您永远是我们真正的英雄。我们保证,我们将一如既往地,尽我们最大努力让您感到骄傲。我代表韩国人民,对您说感谢您”。

大卫打算接受邀请去韩国。

唉,私密大这些warmest的词,就是不如飞机修理手册客观,好译。

1950年,21岁的埃德蒙顿小伙子大卫—鲍温志愿参军去韩国。在华盛顿州路易斯堡受训后,前往韩国参战。刚到目的地,大卫就第一次看到战死的同袍,那时一位军官,头部中弹。

大卫很坦诚啊,说了句大实话,

“I decided then I wanted to get out of there.” (我当时就决定,我要离开这个鬼地方)。

嘿嘿,看来当时的宣传和战场实情完全不一样啊,当兵上战场,就是去杀敌人的,而不是被敌人杀掉……。一看共军没报纸上那么弱,转身就想跑。

晚了,害怕也没用,大卫签的是一年的合同。

大卫当的是通讯兵。军官、宪兵、通讯兵三人一组,开吉普车在往来穿梭于战场的不同区域,传令送信。这样看来,大卫战场上的一年不算太难熬。

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

David Bowen, a Korean War vet pictured on right in November 1951 with his Jeep in Chorwon Korea, and colour photo taken in Japan when he was on his way back home in 1952. Bottom left photo is from August 1951 in Taegue with houseboy who was later killed

以下是全文文摘:

Veteran thanked by Korean president

By Kevin Mills - Abbotsford News

Published: July 19, 2010 4:00 PM

Updated: July 19, 2010 4:10 PM

It was May 4, 1951 when David Bowen landed in Korea, ready to fight for a cause.

A little over 59 years later, he received a letter of thanks.

Bowen, a veteran of the Korean War, is one of 2,400 former soldiers who received correspondence from Lee Myung-bak, president of the Republic of Korea, thanking him for his efforts and inviting him and his family back to South Korea to join in the commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the conflict.

“I was really surprised to get the letter,” said Bowen, who moved to Abbotsford last year.

In the letter, the Korean president says: “Please accept, once again, our warmest gratitude and deepest respect. You will always remain our true heroes and we assure you that we will continue to do our best to make you proud. On behalf of the Korean people, I would like to say thank you.”

Born in Edmonton, Bowen made the choice to go to Korea when, at the age of 21, he voluntarily joined the army in 1950.

After training in Fort Lewis, Wash., he was shipped out to Korea. Upon his arrival, he quickly saw his first dead body, an officer that had been shot in the head.

“I decided then I wanted to get out of there.”

Unfortunately, Bowen had signed on for a full year of duty.

He was informed he would be a messenger, delivering orders by jeep, to and from different areas of battle.

“Three people drove in jeeps, officers, military police and messengers – we were all marked men.”

Bowen considers himself lucky. He suffered some shrapnel wounds from a mortar, but otherwise was relatively unscathed. He did, however, suffer from malaria when he got home.

Now 81, Bowen said he is considering accepting the offer to return to Korea and will investigate the details.

“I would like to go,” he said.

关键词(Tags): #朝鲜战争60周年
    • 家园 韩国人到底怎么看待抗美援朝是个挺有意思的话题
      • 家园 50年代朝鲜半岛上的战争,和韩国人是最没有关系的了。

这就是美苏两国的一次交锋,中国人在捞资本,日本人喘口气。

韩国人只不过恰巧住在那里,被当了战场,死了几百万而已罢了。

他们如何看对战争毫无影响,只是垫在刺刀前面的旁观者,就如同日俄战争中的中国人。

• 家园 你说的对

这就是美苏两国的一次交锋,中国人在捞资本,日本人喘口气

你对朝鲜战争的描述是很准确的,这一战打出新中国的威风。让世人真正见识了站起来的中国

死了几百万而已罢了

老兄的描述没错,只是感觉死了这么多人,对韩国和朝鲜的老百姓而言那真是一场悲剧。语气上有点...还是去掉“而已罢了”好点。不过韩国真是不计打,现在没事干就把美国佬弄来军演挑衅中国,也确实该揍。

• 家园 韩军太差了,结果有一只部队被美军解散了。

你说有他什么事!

分页树展主题 · 全看

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河