西西河

主题:现在理解中国都已经要被群起而攻之了么?-Ray Dalio -- 冬天的绿茶

共:💬7 🌺19 🌵3 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页
  • 家园 现在理解中国都已经要被群起而攻之了么?-Ray Dalio

Clarifying My Recent China Comments

https://www.linkedin.cn/pulse/clarifying-my-recent-china-comments-ray-dalio/

Now that things have calmed down I want to clarify what I meant when I sloppily answered a question about China from Andrew Ross Sorkin that created a misunderstanding of my views. I assure you that I didn’t mean to convey that human rights aren’t important because I certainly believe they are and I didn’t mean to convey that the US and China deal with these issues similarly because they certainly don’t. I am an American who has lived my whole life in the US, experiencing the American Dream, and I believe in our system. At the same time, I have spent more than half my life in contact with China which has helped me understand their system as well. In trying to answer Andrew's questions, I was attempting to explain what a Chinese leader told me about how they think about governing – about how Confucianism is based on the family and that extends into their governance, which is a more autocratic approach that is like a strict parent. I was not expressing my own opinion or endorsing that approach. My overriding objective is to help understanding. Understanding and agreeing are two different things, and that’s what was lost in the interview. I'm sorry my answer lacked that nuance and caused confusion.

I also want to clarify how I weigh the pros and cons of investing in China in light of the human rights issue. This is not a challenge that Bridgewater alone faces. There are more than 40,000 investors and an untold numbers of banks and companies from the US and other countries facing the same issue. While commercial considerations are part of the equation, they are not paramount. It is a reality that many Americans and Chinese are intertwined, and that separating them would be terrible for just about everyone. Besides the direct functional synergies of producing things together that benefit Americans, Chinese, and the rest of the world, these connections produce mutual understandings and mutual influences that promote peace and progress globally. So, we have responsibilities to different constituencies that we have to balance, creating complex nuances for a broad number of stakeholders. In Bridgewater's case, we invest in about 40 countries, and our clients rely on us to invest in the best possible ways in all the countries that make sense from an investment standpoint. For Bridgewater, and for all of those who deal with China and many other countries, there are many other geopolitical and regulatory issues that are constantly changing and are beyond our capacity to weigh against the responsibilities we have to our clients. We want to get these things right, not just based on what we think, but, much more importantly, based on what the regulators think is right. These considerations lead us to rely most heavily on the guidance of both the US government and the governments of the countries we are in.

Having said all this, what I think and what Bridgewater does are of minuscule importance relative to the rapidly growing risk of US war with China due to misunderstandings and inclinations to fight, so I hope that thoughtful attention will be paid to that issue and that mutual understandings will increase and inclinations to fight will diminish. I have comprehensively expressed my concerns about what is happening now and the historical precedents for it in my book, so these thoughts are available to you if you care to read them. I should point out that they are not just my own – I know that speaking out publicly on these issues can be uncomfortable, and there are many like-minded thought leaders who share these views, even if they don't speak about them as openly as I do.

• 家园 这种华尔街亲华派挨个枪毙没有一个冤枉的

其实都是一个个的吸血鬼,吸食我们中国人民的血汗。他们要求和中国友好的出发点就是吸血,也是这么和其他美国人解释的:有钱不赚王八蛋。真爱中国的美国共产党在小平访美的时候都被收拾了。

• 家园 世上有无缘无故的爱吗
      • 家园 他说错了什么?

比较起来,基辛格对中国的认识比达利欧要冷酷,基辛格尼克松仍然毛主席认证过的是中国人民的老朋友。

如果你不希望中国的商人和政客对美出卖中国利益,那也不要把美国的商人和政客是否为中国利益服务作为朋友的标准。

当初认为十九路军福建人民政府是反革命,比蒋介石更坏的是王明路线,主张联合福建人民政府的是毛主席。

王明路线赢了,红军就只好去长征了。

• 家园 全世界有200多个国家和地区呢

区区几个国家,也叫群殴?

我觉得,最起码得有一百多号国家才叫群殴吧。

• 家园 胆气壮,我自岿然不动,任你东南西北风.挺习大大!

奉天承运皇帝诏曰:洋人欺我太甚,竟至国之将亡。与其苟且图存,贻羞万古;何若大张挞伐,一决雌雄。朕,今日庄严宣示,向英吉利国,开战!向法兰西国,开战!向美利坚国,开战!向德意志国,开战!向俄罗斯国,开战!向意大利国,开战!向奥地利国,开战!向日本国,开战!钦此。

犯我中华,虽远必诛!

点看全图

网易

https://3g.163.com/dy/article/GQIHP8G70534VFKG.html?spss=adap_pc

点看全图

• 家园 【原创】已阅,知道了。

“毫无价值”。

——电影《坦克大决战》中德军对骷髅装甲师师长自杀行为做出的评价。

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。