西西河

主题:爱开快车又住在NJ、NY、DE or CT的请注意 -- 懒猫猫

共:💬33 🌺27 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页
  • 家园 爱开快车又住在NJ、NY、DE or CT的请注意

下面是昨天一位美国朋友寄给我的e-mail,住在以上几个州的河友不妨看看,开车小心一些。(不知道该发哪儿,只好发到龙门来了。)

This IS true!!! A friend of ours is a state trooper and had let us know this a few days ago. Usually state troopers do not bother with speeding tickets within a few miles over (if at all), but they have to increase their funding and troopers are issuing speeding tickets all over!!! Be Careful!!!

Message for those who speed!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what a New Jersey State trooper sent:

Starting today, New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime.

There will 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

I-295 north and south

I-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south

I-80 east and west

I-287 north and south

I-78 east and west

I-195 east and west

1-280 east and west

Rt. 130 north and south

Garden State Parkway north and south

5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time.

If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.

101.5 FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you. You've been warned."

Someone else e-mailed me the following:

Driving Ticket fine increase in NJ:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of NJ Law39: 3-29 (failure to show your driver’s license, registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.00. Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

Forward to people in NJ, and let them know of this change. And be careful, the fine for hand held cell phone use while driving will be going up to $180.00.

• 家园 第一开慢车,第二去搞几张给警察捐钱的条贴上

第三呢,被抓了态度要好。求`哭。

• 家园 谣传:30-day speeding ticket frenzy

google 30-day speeding ticket frenzy

你就知道这是谣传。CA, NJ, MI都曾被传有此事。

• 家园 这次可能真的狼来了

以前的确有过类似谣传,但这次可能真的狼来了。

今年NJ两条主干道GSP和TP上都增加了警力。另外最近法庭判起来比一个多月前重多了,罚款增加了不少本来所罚以外的一次性surchage。

• 家园 大家说说看,最低超过限速多少就有被抓呢?

这个消息应该是假的了。不过里面提到超过限速5mph就可以被抓,倒是让我想起一个问题,大家见过最低超过限速多少就有被抓的呢?

我来说两个见过的例子,

1,一美国同学,在限速30的路上开到了40,被抓,申诉未果。

2,一台湾mm来美国旅游,在NJ租车,可能外州车牌太明显了吧,被NY警察拦下,实际上她的速度75不到,而限速是65,在I-81上不算太快,应该有机会免掉ticket。不过因为她几天后就要离开美国了,所以交钱了事。

大家总结一下安全上限吧。

• 家园 给你讲个变态的,你就知道到底超了多少才抓

N年以前,在Richmond VA城外的I-95上,半夜三更一大堆车被一辆有标志警车给领着头,优哉游哉地压着60mph开(I-95穿城段限速降低至60mph)。警察在最右边,俺在警察左边第二辆... 一会儿,后面上来一楞头,一看警察领道儿,先是愣了一下,跟着大流开了一会儿,后来可能有些急,看警察一时也不象要下的意思,就打开CruiseControl,一点一点地蹭着出去 -- 为什么俄知道他开了CruiseContrl?因为俄也开着CruiseControl呢...

就看着他的车身一点点儿地越过警车... 反正那意思呢,我就压着限速,顶多是60.1mph或者60.2mph,谅你警察也不能不讲道理是不是.... 说时迟那时快,愣头的车子刚刚完全超过警车,就见警车头顶突然五花齐放一片绚烂... 下场是不消说的了...

反正教训就是:只要有警察在场,怎么小心都不过分... 你压着59mph开他都能硬说你开了61mph -- 跟谁说理去?

• 家园 这个没准

一般约定俗成的是高速上可以超10英里,市内道路5英里。

不过既然是超速,是超过法律条文里所写的最高合法速度,那么抓不抓就全在执行的警察和法官了,反正抓你是合法的。这里面松紧幅度就大了。

• 家园 俺的一个亲戚

在华州一个小镇

30的地方他开32,33被抓

• 家园 啊,是谣传么?那怎么广播电台还出来证实啊!不过这两天

好象路上警察是比较多,小心点儿总不会错

• 家园 不过Jersey Tnpk上的警察比较bt倒是真的

N多的人都在Jersey Tnpk上吃过票,包括一些平时开车特老实的...

• 家园 turnpike的问题在于

那上面南面半段大家都在超速,抓不抓一松一紧全在警察;而北面半段多半在塞车,想超速也超不了。另外沿turnpike树丛中还特地开辟一些掩体,便于警察埋伏。

我的经验是和turnpike平行的I295更变态,据说因为警察想把人赶上收费的turnpike,呵呵。另一种说法是turnpike归state trooper管,而I295各地警察也可以分管。所以各地警察要从外州过客身上创收就只好去I295。

另外推荐一个网站:http://www.speedtrap.org/index.html。

• 家园 合着有不少哥们都在这一带晃悠?

本人经验:I-295比turnpike警车少得多。从南往北Exit1-Exit57我几乎没见过警车,而同样距离turnpike上雷子多了去了,当然逮外州车是他们的首选,NJ车牌当可放心大胆开。注意:放心大胆的意思也不是让你撒着欢开。

索性再交流透一点:I-295 Exit2C(Deepwater)有个杂牌加油站Flying J,它家的油价一向很低,当然想找最低的进如下link去吧。

http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河