西西河

主题:《中国日报》:感谢西方媒体(熊蕾)——西西河受表扬了 -- 双石

共:💬58 🌺187 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页
家园 《中国日报》:感谢西方媒体(熊蕾)——西西河受表扬了

又得求地主高抬贵手了,这篇不全文转也不成!熊大姐批评说西西河对新手有歧视,她上不了贴,只好由兄弟代陈了!她还挺委屈地说,其实她在职时也这样写文章,并不是退下来才这么畅所欲言的……

这个俺可以作证,是这么回事儿!

这里有熊蕾大姐的博客,欢迎各位去捧场——外链出处

感谢西方媒体

作者: 熊蕾(原新华社特稿分社副社长)

【3月30日根据最近的事,写了一篇言论给《中国日报》,今天(4月1日)他们就发出来了。这里是原文。为了大家阅读方便,中文译文放在前边啦。】

感谢西方媒体

不管怎么说,我挺感谢西方媒体,感谢他们对最近拉萨和其他几个地方骚乱的歪曲报道。感谢他们的歪曲,使得一种新的力量在中国国际传播中崛起,这就是全球各地的普通华人老百姓,发出了他们的声音。

他们在网上发表评论和自制的视频,给政界人士和媒体写信,也举行和平的集会和示威,告诉世界,西藏现在是、过去是、永远是中国的一部分。

他们在告诉世界,中华民族是由56个民族组成,是一个家庭。他们希望自己的家庭完整。他们对任何要把西藏从中国分裂出去的图谋说不。

中国老百姓从来没有这样公开、鲜明而坚决地在和中国西藏有关的问题上向世界发出自己的声音。作为一个做了近30年国际传播的中国记者,我从这样的表达中,感到了一种前所未有的力量。

这才是真正的人民力量,这不是中国政府组织的,而是西方媒体召来的。

事实上,很多批评西方媒体歪曲报道的人对中国政府和官方媒体也持批评态度。然而,他们都有一个底线,这就是中国一大门户网站天涯社区一个不知名的网友说的:

对工资再怎么不满,我也不会去支持台独;

对政府再怎么不满,我也不会去支持达赖;

对生活再怎么不满,我也不会去分裂祖国。

这实际上是不同国家不同年龄组的草根华人的政治立场。一个网名“akaaa”的学法律的大学生说,“我们不再盲目地相信西方媒体的报道了,我们会做出我们自己的分析。”

我的朋友周军,四川一家电视台的工程师,就是一个范例。拉萨骚乱爆发之时,他们台内的一个改制刚刚削减了他的工资。骚乱的事可以说和他个人的生活和利益没有什么关系。

但是,他对骚乱的性质和西方媒体的歪曲报道义愤填膺,弃个人的烦恼于不顾,忙着搜集评论和事情真相的材料,放到他在博联社的博客上。

通过周军和他的博客,我认识了一批海外华人,都是自发地以理性和事实谴责西方媒体和达赖集团。

一个叫“厚积薄发”的网民出于正义感,不厌其烦地把一些英文媒体的报道翻成中文,放在一个叫“西西河”的海外中文网站上,逐段批驳。

还有一个叫“老讷”的海外网民,已经在网上停笔好几年了。但是最近发生的事让这位语言学教授给当地一家报纸写了好几封信,抗议其带有偏见的报道。他的抗议被置之不理,他于是回到网上,把他的经历和感觉告诉更多的人。

所有这些愤怒和激情都是西方媒体激发起来的。或许中国的官方媒体很笨拙,但是至少它们还不像西方媒体那么虚伪,一向挥舞着公正的大旗,实际上在很多和中国相关的问题上却很有偏见。

如果人们有权让他们的声音被聆听,那就不应该只有达赖喇嘛和海外藏独的声音。然而除了这些人的声音,在西方媒体就没有别的声音。在中国和平地生活和工作的藏族人从来得不到他们给分裂分子那样的关注,更不要说汉族和其他民族了。

就连在西方媒体家门口举行的那些表达中国人对自己祖国领土完整和主权的心声的集会,也没有得到公平的报道。比如3月29日在多伦多举行的机会,西方主流媒体就没有多少关注。几家报道了这个事的媒体也把更多的注意力给了一两个藏独,却对上千名声明西藏是中国一部分的参加者几乎视而不见。

西方媒体这样的表现,戳穿了他们“公正”的谎言,也让“新闻自由”苍白无力。

“老讷”说,“我一向自认为是右派,可是突然间我发现自己成了中左。”他把这变化归因于西方媒体。

西方媒体确实充当了中国公众的好老师,他们关于不可能有纯粹的新闻自由的教育,比我们政府和官方媒体的说教有效得多。

所以我真诚地感谢这些好老师。

(The English text)

Thanks to western media

By all means, I feel grateful to the western media for their distorted coverage of the recent riots in Lhasa and a few other places. Thanks to their distortion, a new force has risen in the international communication for China, which are the ordinary Chinese people around the globe who have uttered their voices.

They are telling the world by commentaries and self-made videotapes on the web, by letters to politicians and media, and by peaceful rallies and demonstrations that Tibet is, was and will always be part of China.

They are telling the world that the Chinese nation is composed of 56 ethnic groups and the 56 ethnic groups belong to the one family. They want integration of their home. And they would say No to any attempt to part Tibet from China.

Never before have the ordinary Chinese people uttered their voices so openly, clearly and resolutely to the world on issues related to China’s Tibet. As a journalist who has worked for nearly three decades in China’s international communication, I feel an unprecedented reinforcement in these expressions.

This is the real people power, not orchestrated by the Chinese government, but incurred by the western media.

In fact, many of the critics of western media’s distorted reports are also critical of the Chinese government and official media. However, they share a same bottom line, which is articulated by an unknown netizen at BBS of tianya.cn, a popular Chinese portal:

“However dissatisfied I am with my salary, I won’t support the Taiwan secessionists;

“However disillusioned I am at the government, I won’t go for the Dalai Lama; and

“However disappointed I am in my life, I won’t do anything to dissociate my nation.”

Actually, this is a political position of the grassroots Chinese spanning different age groups in different countries. As elaborated by a netizen identified as “akaaaa” and a law major, “We Chinese no longer harbor a blind faith in western media’s reports and we have learned to make our own analysis.”

My friend Zhou Jun, an engineer with a local TV station in Sichuan, is a good example. He just suffered a cut in his salary in the wake of an internal restructuring when the riots in Lhasa burst out. The incident could have nothing to do with his personal life and gains.

Yet he was so indignant at the nature of the riots and western media’s crooked coverage that he cast away his personal troubles and was occupied with gathering commentaries and fact pieces showing truth of the issue and publishing them in his blog at bolianshe.com.

Through Zhou Jun and his blog, I came to know a bunch of overseas Chinese, who also went beyond themselves to condemn western media and the Dalai clique with reason and facts.

Out of his conscience for justice, a netizen named “houjibofa” – “deep accumulation but rarely fire” – took the pains to translate some English media’s reports into Chinese and refuted them paragraph by paragraph on an overseas Chinese website called talkcc.net.

Another overseas netizen identified as “laone” – “this old monk” – had quit writing online for several years. But the recent event drove the linguistic professor to write several letters to a local newspaper protesting its biased reports on Tibet. Ignored, he returned to the website to share his experience and feelings with more people.

All this indignation and passion have been ignited by the western media. Perhaps the official Chinese media are clumsy, but at least they are not as hypocritical as the western media which always wave the flag of impartiality yet are actually biased on many issues related to China.

If people are entitled to have their voices heard, it should not be only those from the Dalai Lama and Tibetans in exile. But voices other than theirs are often missing in western media. Tibetans who are peacefully living and working in China never get the limelight given to those secessionists, let alone Han people and other ethnic groups.

Even the rallies expressing the Chinese people’s position for their country’s integrity and sovereignty, taking place in the home of those western media, are not fairly covered. The Toronto rally last Saturday (March 29), for instance, drew little attention from the major western media. The few who did covered the event focused on one or two Tibetans in exile but rather ignored the hundreds of participants claiming Tibet is part of China.

Such performance on the part of western media tells lie of their “impartiality” and makes the “freedom of the press” pales.

As “laone” noted, “I used to belong to the rightist wing, but all of a sudden I found myself a liberal leftist.” And he attributed the change to the western media.

Western media indeed serve as a negative teacher for the Chinese public, and their education is much more effective than our government and official media that pure freedom of the press is impossible.

That’s why I wish to thank these good teachers sincerely. (End)

元宝推荐:1001n,一直在看,landlord, 通宝推:岑子,
家园 原来熊副社长大人也在新兵营熬资历啊。新兵营还真牛
家园 发挥点影响力,让国内以后别封西西河吧

这个事情我觉得熊大姐应该能帮忙吧

家园 花熊社长和周同学!
家园 她该在新兵营发稿,然后让板主转,好东西大家都会献花,她也就出营了

说不能发帖是想直接出营发帖吧?规则还是遵守的好,真的高手会很快脱颖而出的。不过铁手的确也该考虑认证会员推荐特约嘉宾的功能,这样既可保证质地,又可有心高手直接加盟。

家园 花熊大姐

请她在新兵营发帖啊,保证一帖出营。

家园 西方媒体这次裸奔,太丢丑了

看到CNN像个怨妇似的埋怨中国人把它single out,很有娱乐性嘛

家园 为身为西西河一分子而自豪:)

可是我把花给双石了,如果熊大姐来了麻烦您把花还给她吧,嘿嘿~~

家园 送花,支持!
家园 熊蕾在文章里面提到西西河 其实并不好

作人要低调

家园 为什么?我们是“爱国网站”耶。

属于统战对象!

家园 送花得宝:)