西西河

主题:【文摘】也说“关系” -- 雷声

共:💬2 🌺10 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页
家园 【文摘】也说“关系”

这是我在一个美国律师的网志上看到的几则小故事。这个律师在俄、中、韩、日都有业务。他经常也拿这几个国家的情况互做比较。这是他最近写的几个小故事,原文:

1. Many years ago, I was working with an American company who was on the verge of getting a huge supply contract with the Korean navy. The son of the President was setting up the deal. I knew the deal was in the trash when I saw the son on the US evening news getting into a Korean police car in handcuffs.

2. Many years ago, my law firm had a very close relationship with a Russian vice-governor. His beloved daughter was one of our paralegals and, lo and behold, company after company from this Russian province would contact my firm for international law assistance. This work dried up rather quickly when the father was axed to death.

3. Many years ago, we had a client who ran a business on Chinese military bases. The whole practice was of questionable legality, but his closeness to a high ranking military official seemed to isolate the enterprise. Then the high ranking official retired and within less than a year, our client was off all the bases and a new company was there in its place.

4. We had a Russian company as a very good client, the owner of which decided he wanted to be Governor of his province. He ran and lost, in a fairly close election. Within a year, his various companies had become greatly diminished because of constant government investigations, that appeared to have been done to keep our guy in his place and to teach him not to run for office again.

翻译:

1. 很多年以前,与我合作的一家美国公司正马上要和韩国海军谈成一笔大买卖。该国总统的公子在帮忙疏通这笔生意。当我从美国晚间新闻里看到这位公子戴上手铐坐上警车的时候,我知道这笔生意算是吹了。

2. 很多年以前,我的律师行和一位俄国副州长有过紧密的关系。他的宝贝女儿在我们这里当助理,我们眼睁睁地看着这个省的国际法律生意源源不断地流进我们公司的囊中。这位助理的父亲被人活活砍死以后我们在该省的业务很快就枯竭了。

3. 很多年以前,我们有位委托人利用中国的军事基地做生意。这种做法是否合法尚有疑问,但他和高级军官有紧密关系,他的买卖完全不受外面的管辖。后来军官退休了,一年之内我们的委托人被赶出了基地,一家新公司接管了他的地盘。

4. 我们曾有过一家很好的俄国公司主顾。这家公司的老总决定参选他那个州的州长。他差几票没当选。一年之内,他的好几家公司在政府的不断调查下业务大大萎缩。看来他们是想让他老实一点,别再出来捣乱。

出处:外链出处You want China Guanxi? You can't handle it.

家园 沙发
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河