下页 末页
家园 【求助】加拿大的朋友请进,问个Refinance问题.

留意了一下目前按揭贷款利率,几大银行的利率都有不同程度的调整.

e.g. TD Bank

5 year fixed: 3.95%

4 year fixed: 3.79%

5 year closed with variable rate: 3.05%

5 year open with variable rate: 3.25%

我大致估算了一下,申请Refinance要承担的罚款和之后一年内的利息差持平.想请教河里的朋友,以目前加拿大的经济前景是否值得做Refinance,如果值得,有什么注意事项.其实隐含的问题就是通胀,以及短期国债和长期国债利率的走势.

先谢过

本帖一共被 1 帖 引用 (帖内工具实现)
家园 不懂,帮顶
家园 no big deal

Bank of Canada said it will keep the record low rate till June 2010. I couln't see any big deal here. why bother????

家园 Well,

I don’t benefit from BOC’s record low rate as my mortgage has a fixed rate corresponding to 5-year bonds. It makes sense to me to take advantage of the low rate if the penalty is acceptable.

Well,
家园 Then just do it. The only

risk I can see is with variable rate which may go higher later next year. What's the risk with fix rate? There is no much room to go any lower.

Well,
家园 you don't have to think of

the economy. As I said, the government promised to keep the rate low till next year no matter the economy goes up or down. And you found the saving in interest equals the penalty. My mortgage matures in June next year as well. I don't even ask my bank. If you have a term of two or three more years, then you really need to bet on the future.

家园 这事没我想的那么简单

主要是罚款这一块,有朋友说是三个月利息,我也没顾得上看合同就草草的算了算成本.感谢马丁的提醒,我仔细看了一遍合同文本,罚款是以A)三个月利息,或者B)利息差X余下合同期限,以A和B中款项大的为准.

我手中可以出的牌不多:

1)和银行谈,再贷款时多贷几万来免除罚款;

2)做一个lump sum,然后double pay;

3)如果出现滞涨,货币贬值,那么就不用急着还贷款.

家园 在不更新原有房贷情况下的解决方案.

最近有空顺便把房贷的问题解决了,具体说就是通过HELOC(home equity line of credit mortgage)来转移一部分房贷到利率比较低的HELOC内.相对于1-2万的提前还贷/更改房贷罚金,以下的操作方法比较可行.

举例说,目前TD HELOC活期利率Prime+1%(2.25%+1%)而固定一年期限的特别利率是2.75%(TD给我一个2.65%的offer).与此同时,RBC的活期也只有2.75%.假如说某人一年的lump sum可以做50K(A),double pay可以做30K(B),[目前房屋市场价*80%-余下房贷]>100K,那么银行会会批准至少100K的HELOC贷款额度.假设该房主原来固定利率房贷的APR为5.2%.

大致节省的利息/年=(A+B)*(5.2%-2.65/2.75%)

至于贷款的数额,建议感兴趣的朋友做个月收入/支出平衡表来规划最佳贷款时机和数额,可以考虑把A部分固定汇率,B部分采用活期随用随取.

个人以为在货币宽松政策收紧前活期没什么问题,之后可以考虑锁定利息.河里的老马丁教授曾经提到房产是抵御恶性通货膨胀的工具之一,我当时表示怀疑,但翻阅一些资料后发觉这样的说法是经过历史考验的(国内房产除外),对老马丁的建议表示感谢.

家园 我的5年variable 才 1.65%你怎么那么高?
家园 Not a risk taker.

5 year fixed rate, 5.1%APR starting from March, 2007

家园 I c. I got mine at the end

of 2007. But it has been 1.65 4 more than 1.5 years. But u r right, if i have more mortgages, i will split them. Half variable half fixed. which city r u in, if you don't mind, i am in vancouver.

家园 Very close

I'm in calgary. I couldn’t foresee any financial turmoil since the western Canadian economy was booming.

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河