西西河

主题:Glenn Beck在Fox新闻关于毛泽东的一段视频 -- 冰弹

共:💬44 🌺99 🌵2 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页
家园 Disagree with your comments

First of all, I have to say I like most of your analysis about the culture, politics,and economics on western countries,very impresive indeed.

Mao's atrocity is out of question, as well as his great contribution and achievement for China.
No one ever denied nor igored the difficulty the whole nation has experienced, it is,however, still way too imprudent and frivolous to conclude it as " Mao's atrocity".

I feel so lucky that I did not live under Mao's China.
, Not really many people I know of would like to live in that era either, but

Who knows, you and I might just be one of those disappearing "60m". One death is the loss of a lovely life, two death is just a statistic (Stalin).

You talked exactly the same way as the left-wing liberals, and quite honestly, disturbing.

Today's Chinese had a fading memory of cultural revolution and started to be nostalgic about romanticized Mao era.

Today's Chinese are more open minded. Discussing the achievements in Mao era is simply an effort to counter the excessive demonization of Mao which was sadly very "popular" even among our fellow chinese after China adopted reform-and-open policy. Marking those discussion with "to be nostalgic about romanticized Mao era", is itself agaist the very idea of freedom of speach. I personally think it is one kind of imperialism.

You may want to read some of 葡萄's or 陈郢客's articles posted in this forum about what happened and why that happened at that period of time as you refered as "Mao'era". I am not saying that whatever they expressed was 100% correct, but it's always wise to hear both sides of stories, isn't it?

家园 I read 葡萄's posts.

I understand his perspectives well. His argument is that so many deaths were necessary costs of social progress.

That's the typical comment from some Chinese elites and bookworm liberal intellectuals.

I do not share his perspectives. I respect individual's rights under law. I believe that individual's right of life, due process before law are above the political ambition of politicians and their rights should not be taken over without due process and due compensation.

That's why I chose to live in Norther America.

It is normal to agree to disagree. Please do not take my comments personally.

BTW, 葡萄's view does have its advantage, since it is easy to build roads, bridges, new houses under this philosophy. That's why China changed so fast in the last 30 years.

家园 领导人的眼光看到的不仅是今天,还有未来。

woow... are you sure??

普通老百姓的眼光通常只看见自己的一亩三分地,“今天吃什么呀?”

--anything wrong with that? Expecting better life is wrong?

法国大革命是法国崛起的原因。唤醒一个民族,有时候不流血是不行的。

--That's your perspective of French revolution and what you learned from Chinese book. Why do not you live in Europe for a while and ask Frenchmen what they learned from THEIR BOOK ABOUT THEIR HISTORY?

You are typical of some Chinese elites. Nothing wrong. We just share different perspectives. Let's agree to disagree.

家园 I heard that quote

first from my American colleague, a former Democrat and now Republican.

That's a widely-known quote in Sates. Last night, I searched through google and it was confirmed to be first coined by Churchill.

家园 空口无凭,给个出处吧

外链出处

外链出处

家园 是法国的克莱蒙梭

是法国的克莱蒙梭

家园 真不知道那位满口英语的高人用的是哪个google。
家园 你就说说看呗,别藏着掖着,一漏出来全是假货。

你就说说看呗,别藏着掖着,一漏出来全是假货。

老百姓这么想当然没错了,但是领导人也这么想就完蛋了。

那你就说说看,法国人现在怎么看法国革命的?

哎哟喂,你还说别人是典型的中国精英,我怎么看着你特像呢,别看

披着一件英语的外衣。

自己在那儿咋咋呼呼,引用的玩意都跟读者似的,出处都是错的。

别人不知道,你知道,因为你在欧洲?同志啊,现在在国外呆着

是一件了不起的资本吗?你是八十年代出国的吧?抑或这思维还

停留在八十年代?

你嘴巴上同意吧,可是写出来的东西对人都是一脸的鄙夷,你有什么

资格鄙夷啊?因为你会写英文?

家园 you are right.

Previous googled result is wrong. Thanks. It is Francois.

家园 Thanks for

pointing this out to me. My previous googled result from Yahoo Answer is wrong.

BTW, according to wiki--this quote was first uttered by mid-nineteenth century historian and statesman Franois Guizot

If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.

* According to research by Mark T. Shirey, citing Nice Guys Finish Seventh: False Phrases, Spurious Sayings, and Familiar Misquotations by Ralph Keyes, 1992, this quote was first uttered by mid-nineteenth century historian and statesman Franois Guizot when he observed, Not to be a republican at 20 is proof of want of heart; to be one at 30 is proof of want of head. This quote has been attributed variously to George Bernard Shaw, Benjamin Disraeli, Otto von Bismarck, and others.

* Furthermore, the Churchill Centre, on its Falsely Attributed Quotations page, states "there is no record of anyone hearing Churchill say this."

家园 Leaders represent interests

group, as well as himself and his family.

It is hard to have a leader who is so selfless to only serve his own country. Leader is just a human being, as normal as you and me.

Lots of time, due to political pressure, they behaved short-sightedly and stupidly. If not, we would not have had the trade war after 1929, competitive currency devaluation, collapse of international trade and the rise of Nazi Germany.

If leader is far-sighted and cares about long-term benefits of his or her compatriots, then China would not have 2009 real estate bubble. Please read 葡萄's posts and his concern on that issue.

家园 同意你的大部分观点,不过

我觉得你在西西河的留言大部分都很好,很可惜你只用英文写东西,否则能有更多的读者。你可以把自己对美国政治,经济的观察多介绍一下,西西河需要对国外社会有洞察力的河友。

关于毛的问题,我同意你的大部分观点,我自己的长辈也有在文革中受冲击的,但是就是受冲击的长辈也一直拥护政府,爱这个国家,他们只不过在毛的时期受到了不公平的对待,并没有减弱对这个国家的爱。

你写的东西对是对,可是啊可是,不符合现在的环境。邓小平有猫论,江泽民有“与时俱进”论,我们最近20年的成就靠什么?实用主义啊。实用主义可以应用在政治领域,邓小平三起三落,为什么还要给毛主席定三七开?不是为了毛,而是为了执政党的地位。

实践主义也可以用在舆论领域。为什么美国人一提到自己的开国元勋们就是无限深情的“Founding Fathers"? 好像这些都是道德崇高,行为无暇的圣人?一提到斯大林,毛泽东就是如同撒旦降临人间?他们的那些founding fathers私德有亏的也不少,政治上丑陋的行为慢把抓。为什么人家不提?这就是人家宣传战上的实用主义啊。

把你的建国领袖贬入18层地狱,你的政府还好的到哪里去?你政府邪恶,你的经济病态,你的文化丑陋,你们中国人...You know where the trail leads to。

所以,尽管我不喜欢生活在毛时代,另外重新回到毛时代的可能微乎其微,我不在乎读读捧毛的文章,这就是实用主义。英文写的多了,中国国情不能忘了啊。

家园 你更牛。

Who knows, you and I might just be one of those disappearing "60m".

其实你真是太小看毛了,这都是中国统计局出的数字,明明是6亿好不

家园 ......

"That's why I chose to live in Norther America. "

庆幸吧,你摆脱了作为你口中一个非“elite”的中国人的命运。这使你对长辈苦难的一切同情,都让人觉得不过是掩盖自鸣得意的托辞。

家园 70 millions是哪来的?

太夸张了,第一次听到这个数字,不是大妓院给的吧?

这个数字得是抗日+内战+镇反+大饥荒+文革,还得把国军日军的都算进去了.

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友