西西河

主题:Bitcomet+Zonealarm very slow. -- Pita

共:💬9 🌺1 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页
家园 Bitcomet+Zonealarm very slow.

I am using Bitcomet, 0.60, it slows my PC so much.

I even tried to set priority to be low, it still runs 30%+ CPU, 30M+ Ram,

btw, I use Zonealarm for the firewall, it has a process vsmon.exe runs a lot (CPU 50% or so),while BTing, almost effect winamp play.

any idea pros?

家园 stop zonealarm while using bt, and check cpu, memory
家园 got it, thanks

but what if any hacker attack me?

家园 Another thing...

I have been using BitComet for a long time, and I found that upload speed could significantly affect the surfing speed. Right now I set the maximum upload speed at 60/sec and it works fine with me. I tried ZoneAlarm for a very short peroid of time, it gave me so much trouble so I un-installed it a week later. I am using Ad-aware Personal + Spybot Search & Distroy together. It will be much better if you log in as a user instead of as an administrator.

家园 see inside

bitcommit6.0 has a new function to encyrpt package headers to avoid ISP's block, which conflicts with some firewalls. forbid this function in option setup.(sorry forgot where, but it's easy to find) and it will be ok.

家园 but can ad-award and spybot block all the attacks?

and, I set upload limit farely low (10k) , what will happen if I tune it up to 60k?

I will also recommend the Avast! it has firewall too.

家园 will do, thanks so much!
家园 Not really though

These two applications are not personal firewalls, they are actually spyware killers. However, the latest version of Spybot does have a new feature that monitors the changes in dll value.

Well, you set the upload speed fairly low. It only hurts your contribution to the BT community, not your computer.

家园 就是这个问题,感谢您的指教。

谢谢!

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河