西西河

主题:【原创】朝鲜战场上的美国“老爸”——当了战俘名利双收(续) -- 老拙

共:💬33 🌺154 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页 下页
家园 【原创】朝鲜战场上的美国“老爸”——当了战俘名利双收(续)

河友们着急,兄弟只好赶紧接着写.

老爸忙忙碌碌,不觉时间过得飞快,转眼两边开始了板门店谈判.当然,重要议题之一就是战俘问题.联合国军方面,把志愿军抓了美联社记者作为一个重要问题,非要中朝方"交待".咱们这边打死也不承认.僵在那儿.老美就展开了"地下调查".

在板门店,来了N多的各国记者,台湾也派了记者过来.在板门店,台湾记者遇到了解放前的一位同事,这位大陆来的记者,原来是个地下党员,那时两人同在一家报馆工作.见了面,两人不免在一起叙叙旧.台湾记者就私底下问大陆记者:你们抓了个美联社记者吗?

咱们这位马大哈记者赶紧否认,说是没抓美联社记者,那老爸是个美国军官,还是上尉呢!

台湾记者回去就找美国人报功去了.美国人于是在谈判桌上要求将老爸还给他们.这事叫李克农知道了,不禁大为光火,当下就把这大陆记者给送回国了.

那边,美联社东京分社的弟兄们听说老爸没死,在中国人手里,不禁大大地松了口气,他们转而一想,得,咱们也别叫联合国军谈判代表团去把老爸给"捞"出来了,正愁得不到志愿军战俘营里的报道呢,留着他在那边,不就正好是个美联社的"独家报道"吗?

美联社知道,这事不能通过联合国军司令部的正规渠道来办,那样的话,肯定得给麦克阿瑟给枪毙了.于是,他们就派专人到开城,寻找通向老爸的秘密渠道.

在开城,美联社的人找到了法国<人道报>记者贝却敌(此人与志愿军方面有交情),托他跟中国人交涉,让老爸作为美联社特派记者,报道战俘营里的实际情况.

这事上报到志愿军政治部.政治部的人一商量,觉得是件大好事啊.您想,当时西方报道都在造谣,说是志愿军虐待战俘,害死的联合国军战俘不计其数,等等.中朝国方面发出了很多图文报道,都被西方媒体以"共产党的宣传"为由不予采用,这下美联社找上门来,老爸又是美联社的专职记者,他的报道西方不可能不发吧?于是立即表示同意协助.

就这样,瞒着联合国军,在老爸和美联社东京分社之间,构成了这样一条"志愿军战俘营独家报道"地下热线:老爸--志愿军战俘营宣传科----开城志愿军代表团----法国记者----美联社驻开城记者站---美联社东京分社.

美联社东京分社大喜过望,马上策划了一个报道计划.美国人都爱起个代号什么的.恰好圣诞节快到了,东京分社就给这次行动起名为"老爸圣诞节行动",并通过这条"地下"交通线,给老爸带去了一台全新的莱卡相机和N多的胶卷什么的.

老爸在战俘营接到社里的报道计划和要求,差点乐晕过去:这下又可以重操旧业啦.更没想到的是,志愿军战俘营还专门给他配了两名助手,其中一名就是那个娃娃军官.而且规定,老爸享有报道自由,爱拍什么就拍什么.

乘着战俘营欢度1952年圣诞节,老爸带着两名助手,跑遍了鸭绿江南岸的6所战俘营,每天早出晚归,把那些战俘们看家信的,做礼拜的,吃饭喝酒的,打球娱乐的...等等等,拍了一溜够.并且通过地下交通线很快发给东京分社.美联社东京分社立即转发全世界,又很快被西方各种媒体所采用。于是,1952年圣诞节,美联社记者弗兰克.若尔发自志愿军战俘营的摄影报道轰动了整个西方世界,原因很简单:美国、英国、加拿大、土耳其,几乎所有参加联合国军的国家的千万个家庭,在老爸发回的摄影报道中,看到了原以为已经不在这个世界上,或者在中国人的监狱里九死一生的亲人的笑脸,他们在中国人的战俘营里,看上去很快乐,也很健康,甚至比离开家的时候还胖了一些。如果这是红色中国发表的图片,他们是不会相信的,可这是美联社发出的摄影报道!它们的作者就是大名鼎鼎的弗兰克.若尔(鬼才知道,这以前有几个人知道老爸的大名)!

从那以后,老爸一发不可收拾,各种图片报道源源飞向东京,又从东京飞向全世界。

那位说了,老爸由此成名了,还没有“名利双收”啊?这您就不懂啦,人家西方很讲究“知识产权”滴。别看老爸人被关在战俘营里,可不管哪家报纸,杂志,电视台,通信社采用了他的报道,都会乖乖地把老爸的稿费寄到老爸的家里。老爸的LP大人都给记录在案,每回给老爸写信时,就把这一段的收成一笔笔地汇报给老爸。

对了,在这儿插一句。自从东京分社跟老爸联系上以后,1952年圣诞节,东京分社非常郑重地送给老爸一份圣诞礼物。这份圣诞礼物是一张照片,照片上是老爸漂亮的LP大人正在高兴地看老爸的来信,旁边,正是那条历尽千险,从朝鲜战场上“突出重围”回到美国家中的爱犬。它也眉开眼笑地看着老爸的来信呢。

后来,志愿军战俘营批准战俘们举办战俘营奥运会,老爸作为唯一参会的西方记者,发出了大量图片,又足足地挣了一大笔。

每次,老爸接到LP大人的来信,看完这一段的收成,总是偷着乐得合不拢嘴,别人问他:老爸,挣多少啦?

老爸就说:刚够买辆52款福特的。

逼急了,老爸就再加上一栋海边别墅。

再问,就不吱声了。

据说,只有娃娃军官真正知道老爸挣了多少。

有一次,娃娃军官淡淡地说:也就玩、迷恋、倒了吧。

买---嘎!100万美刀!那可是50年代初啊!

关键词(Tags): #老爸#战俘元宝推荐:MacArthur,

本帖一共被 2 帖 引用 (帖内工具实现)
家园 板凳

^_^。

第一次沙发啊,意义重大啊。

感兴趣查了一下,这个诺尔老爸(Frank "Pappy" Noel )还真不是“默默无名”得,人家早在1943年就得了普利策奖了,如下:

1943 -Frank Noel, for a picture of a survivor of a torpedo attack begging for water in a lifeboat. (http://www.ap.org/pages/about/pulitzer/list.html)

(1943年-弗兰克.诺尔,因拍摄一个被鱼雷袭击后的幸存者在救生艇上要水喝的照片获奖)

美联社主页上对这事是这么说得:

AP photographer Frank "Pappy" Noel is captured by North Korean communist soldiers during the Korean War. A Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Noel uses a smuggled camera to take exclusive photos of other prisoners at his POW camp. He is freed in August 1953. (http://www.ap.org/pages/about/history/history_second.html)

(美联社记者“把把”弗兰克.诺尔在朝鲜战争中被北朝鲜共军俘虏。普利策奖得主诺尔用一个偷带的相机拍下了与他同俘虏营中其他被俘者的独家照片。他与1953年8月被释放)

扔张老诺得照片(右边拎着相机那位):

点看全图

板凳
家园 沙发

既然你坐了板凳。。。

沙发
家园 sigh,第一次,技术动作不熟练忙中出错啊

贴张“老爸”当时拍的战俘营运动会照片吧。

点看全图

家园 过瘾过瘾,鲜花大大的有哇——
家园 好文献花

“老爸”怎么没得普利策奖?hoho

板凳
家园 多谢“突突”老弟

能给翻过来吗?

还有,找找“老爸”的那张经典照片,就是他老婆看信,旁边是那条爱犬的。

谢啦。

家园 老总啊,你这文还有再续么?

没找到你说的照片,不过这老诺被放回去以后可没说志愿军什么好话啊,大谈其被共产党洗脑虐待的经历。找到53年的一段报道,题目就是“共党试图掩饰死亡”,我把它放到另一贴,说是老诺回去后写的一篇文章,说共军杀了不少人啊,故意折磨他什么的,有兴趣的可以看看。另外老诺还在56年一本名为“洗脑”的书里谈他“为共军洗脑和折磨”的经历(In book Brainwashing published in 1956, world authority, Edward Hunter, recounts the personal testimony of Frank Noel, American press photographer who was captured in the Korean War and subjected to brainwashing and torture by his Chinese captors. ),谈Burchett和“令人厌恶的”Alan Winnington怎么帮助共军洗脑,“把无辜者变为叛节者”("helped edit self-criticisms and confessions which turned innocent men into renegades like themselves.")。他还说他刚开始拒绝接受相机被共军利用来宣传,又怎么巧妙的利用这个作弄共军。("Because of this attitude of mine, before the camera arrived, Burchett wrote me a letter saying I would not be forced to snap anything I did not want, and that everything I did was voluntary. This was Red double-talk, but I beat it by giving it my own slant. That letter became my most valued possession. Whenever anyone tried to interfere with the way I was taking a picture, or whenever they tried to get me to take one of their fake propaganda scenes, I'd pull out this letter and say, 'I don't have to do it. Here's a letter from Burchett saying so. He ranks higher than you in the Communist Party. " )呵呵,这哥们当面一套背后一套,不如老总厚道啊。

家园 Communists Tried To Cover Up Deaths (1)

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19, 1953_________________ Reports Communists Tried To Cover Up Deaths THE MARION STAR, MARION. OHIO. PAGE 7 Noel Believes GVs Died in Red Camps g- v (Editor's note: This is the last story by AP photographer Frank Noel on his 32 months as a Communist prisoner in North Korea. Noel is receiving medical treatment in Tokyo before returning to the United States.) By FRANK NOEL As Told to Ofen dements TOKYO I received my camera in January 1952, the Chi- nese let me take pictures in lour of the six camps where non-Korean war prisoners were held. In my wandering around the camps I got a pretty fair idea of how many men were in each and I estimated there were between and men, mostly Ameri- cans, in the hands of the Reds. Another 3.000 died In the camps and are buried in the hills around Pyoktong and Chonchong, where most of the camps were located. That would account for up to of the non-Korean troops estimated to be missing today. The Chinese did not mark these camps for aerial identification dur- ing the first year of the war. When they did mark them they used the Chinese characters that I was told meant "peace" rather than a pris- oner camp. One day about three months ago I saw three wagon loads of about 60 boxes of it to the wagon- dug up and taken out of Camp 5 where Africans, British Filipinos, Puerto Ricans, Turks, French and Greek POWs were held. If a bomb had struck that camp accidentally the whole bunch would have been killed. The Reds tried to cover up tha great number of deaths among the Tie "Nationwide Dodge Dealers Contest Ends Sept. 5lk Only Weeks Lett: want to Mil ALL our UMd can by to offering you USED CAR THE RI SS4 N. Main Si. LEY MOTOR CO. Phono 2-1603 as many as 48 bodies in one day were seen being moved out of the trying to force Allied doctors to say the men died of syphilis contracted before they were captured. None of the doctors would go for it and a good many of them did time in the hole as a result. We were held right near the border of Manchuria and a Chinese leader told me one if the Allies ever tried to liberate the prisoners the Chinese would take those they keep across the border into China. Perhaps they have done so now. When I was captured in Novem- ber of 1950 along with Marines, Army and British troops at Koto, North Korea, they walked us to Camp 700 miles over the winding route they made us take. Camp 5 then held officers and enlisted men. That was about April, 1951. In the summer they hereded about 600 men and officers into a Korean theater and made the rest listen to loudspeakers outside while a high Chinese gave a bitter haran- gue against the "capitalistic war- He told the enlisted men they should have turned their guns on their officers, who were "the real warmongers in America." The lecture didn't go over very well with either the enlisted men or officers. The Communists triwj every way in the world to indoctrinate the prisoners. They succeeded in some cases, but I would say the per- centage was very small. They used race against race and nationality against nationality in an effort to stir up animosity among the prisoners. On that score I was real proud to note 99 per cent of our men, regardless of race or creed, stood pat. They knew what was going on and didn't buy it. Later on the Reds opened up Camp 2 and moved all the officers wwwmm MONIY Miliii W Aft wBAtfAMl fipmn iv mnii I EATIM I! up, there. They insisted that I was a Marine captain and moved me there with the officers despite my protests 'that I was a civilian war correspondent. In trying to make me admit I was a Marine captain they made me stand at attention for hours at a time out in the raw cold. Three times they made me stand with my nose pressed against a bright light for hours on end in an effort to break me down or force me to write something favorable to them. I guess that is what is wrong with my eyes now. Once, while they had me in the hole, they tried to force me to write letters down to my corres- pondent friends at Panmunjom, Munsan and Seoul telling them they were being misled by the United Nations propaganda. They also asked me to write to the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Philadelphia Evening Bulletin, Bal- timore Sun, Kansas City Star and the Los Angeles Times, 'and tell them "the peoples peace move- was right and just. I re- fused. They even forged some of our names to letters and published them. I know of several such cases. Actually I've talked with some of the Chinese soldiers from time to time and they have told me that half ,or more of the so-called volun- .teers are anti-Communist and were conscripted.

家园 Communists Tried To Cover Up Deaths (2)

One day in early 1951 some' of the Turks, who were pretty staunch Allied troops, heard that the New York Herald Tribune's reporter, Maggie Higgins, had been captured. They told me about it. I had known Maggie in Berlin and again in Korea. None of us liked the idea of an American woman being in the hands of the Reds so we got together a few little things we could spare for her and about in American greenbacks and gave it to the Turks to get to her. We knew the Chinese were crazy for greenbacks and figured that small amount of money might help her out. The Turks took the money and about four later returned everything to all the donors be- cause they had learned through the grapevine that Miss Higgins had not been captured. I sure liked those Turks. They were good soldiers and good men. The Chinese never were able to do much with them. The Turks just shrugged their shoulders and pretended they didn't understand. They even brought in a Turkish- speaking Russian who had once worked in the Russian embassy at Ankara. He didn't have any luck either and may be in a Rus- sian hole somewhere today for having failed. The Reds told us one day that the United States government was holding up letters to POWs. I think it was the other way around. I know people wrote me and thanked me for making pictures of their prisoner kin. Americans do things like that. I got about 10 j such letters in prison camp but i I'll bet there were many more, j I had intended to write letters to those 10 or 12 people and thank! them but the Communists took those letters away from me when I was freed on Aug. 9. Now I don't have the names or addresses. I was only permitted to write two letters a month while I was in prison and of course they went to my wife. They took away from me every address I had in writing when I left.

家园 老总好文!

玩、迷恋、倒了吧

家园 难以相信这些文字经过了“志愿军战俘宣传科”的审核

看来老总采用的是中方的说法...

这个老家伙看来是不太厚道...

家园 突突老弟,你这段文字是报纸扫描+OCR来的吧

其中掺杂着大量广告和公告,还有一则讣告!

家园 这老头,够损的

不过也可以理解。

那会儿,美国不正闹什么"麦卡锡"主义吗?

在战俘营的时候,就有人提醒老爸,你这么干,回去小心给你打成"革命"!

老爸一扬脖子:怕什么,俺是记者!

估计心里想的是:有钱不挣是傻X!

家园 【原创】加点花絮

志愿军战俘营里,可乐的事还真不少.想起来的,在这里随便写点.

在志愿军战俘营里,头号公敌是美国空军.

战俘们从前线被送往鸭绿江边战俘营的路上,都没少挨美国空军的炸.这就是西方媒体当时说的朝鲜战场上的"死亡大行军".在路上被炸死的战俘,据说上了万!(后来遣返的也才5000多)

好容易到了战俘营,TMD还来炸!画上红十字,还炸!

没办法,志愿军派来高炮部队保护,还炸!

有一次,打下来一架,飞行员负伤跳伞,救回来的时候,这小子腮帮子上插着根树枝----落到树上了.

战俘们说,志愿军用大炮给他洗脑,结果变成和平鸽啦!

再后来,志愿军空联司把战俘营划进"米格走廊",重点掩护.好,从此以后就热闹啦.时不时就来场"空中甲级联赛".

空中,米格15跟F86打得不可开交,鸭绿江边,志愿军俘管人员和战俘们都跑出来,躺在地上晒太阳观战.有意思的是,观众一边倒,都为米格15喊加油!每打下来一架F86,地面上就一片欢呼,跟踢进去一个好球似的.

最高兴的是土耳其战俘,阿訇当场宣布,立马回去宰活羊!

原来,刚来的时候,美国战俘往土耳其战俘的锅里偷偷放猪肉!两边为此暴打一顿,互有伤亡.

从那以后,引起志愿军俘管人员的重视,单独给土耳其人设厨房.还是不行,不吃死的,必须吃阿訇亲手宰的.只好又从国内赶来一批活羊,让他们自己养着,什么时候吃,自己决定自己宰.人家很有讲究,不是就能随便杀生的,必须是有什么什么节,还是什么什么日子,兄弟不太懂.反正,只要打下美国飞机,立马就是这个日子,可以宰羊,可以吃肉!都在阿訇心里装着呢!

美国战俘看着,直咽口水,却说不出来,心里酸溜溜的.

所以,土耳其人盼"空中甲级联赛"就跟现在盼世界杯赛是一个心情.

美国空军还是不消停,夜里又来,投了什么却没找到.战俘营医务所就紧张了,赶紧给战俘们打预防针,别是细菌弹!都乖乖的伸胳膊.卷袖子,毕竟受党教育也有一阵子了,知道党都是为咱们好,虽然来自五洲四洋,进过联合国军,都是穷孩子出身不是?

只有一个打死也不让护士打针.这也难怪,人家是美国空军机长,必须以生命捍卫美国空军的荣誉啊,赌咒发誓:我们美国空军决不可能执行这种不人道的任务!细菌弹?不.可.能!

怎么哄都不行,坚决不打.

正好,这哥们看见地上有只死苍蝇,抓起来就给塞嘴里了,没等医护人员去抢,一口就咽肚子里了:细菌弹?不可能!

所有在场的人都呆了(说这儿想起那个喝涂料的经销商老总,看来他不能算首创).

这哥们说完,拍拍屁股,像个英雄似的,旁若无人地走了.你还别说,当时还真没人敢去拦他.

结果第二天,啊不,没到第二天,刚过晌午,这哥们就不行了,上吐下泻,腹如刀搅,鬼哭狼嚎,大喊救命,非说自己中了细菌弹.医护人员赶紧抢救,好容易给救过来.一查,急性肠炎!

通宝推:一无所之,
全看树展主题 · 分页 下页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河