全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页
家园 【原创】求波士顿闲逛指南

小弟刚到波士顿停留大概十天,时间安排比较送,有不少时间游荡.我住在Cambridge,请河友多给Tips

谢谢

家园 boston tour

You can go to websites for tour guide, e.g. www.bostontours.us

There are some places you might be interested in. The first one is Freedom Trail. Take Red Line to Downtown Crossing. That is the starting point of Freedom Trail. It's a long trail which goes through many historical sites. There is a map right at the exit of the subway. One particularly interesting spot on the trail is Quincy Market. Try the food court there, esp. lobster sub. The Trail also goes through northern part of the city, which is dubbed Little Italy. The restaurants and churches are good places to visit.

A second place is the science museum, where an exhibition of human body speciman is going on. In front of the museum, there is the so-called Duck Tour. You ride on an amphibious vehicle and go around the city, including taking a boat tour in Charles river. I heard the line is often long, but this place is in Cambridge, right at the end of Cambridge Street.

A third place might be the financial district. The nearby waterfront and aquarium are good. Moreover, it's very close to Chinatown.

I suppose you would visit Harvard and MIT. The former is worth more of visiting. You can visit Harvard first, and then take Red Line to MIT. MIT's buildings are pretty much scattered. If you plan carefully, you end your tour at Memorial Drive, the river front of Charles River. Many people enjoy their time there.

There is a place where you can do boating on Charles river. Take I90 West out of Cambridge, then take local highway 139 (?). The boating place is by the road side. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of that place. But I did have a fun time there this summer.

If you want to do some shopping, right at Cambridge Street, there is a mall called Galleria. It's withine ten minutes walk of the Science Museum. Or you can go to Prudential Center, which is in downtown. If you have more time, you can go to Natick Outlet Mall. After shopping, you can dine at the shopping plaza across the street. There is a Japanese buffet, which is $23 something for lunch and $36 something for dinner. The food there is really fresh and delicious. The store's name is Minado. To find the store and food information, go to www.minado.com and choose the Natick store. Get a map before you go, the driving direction is tricky.

For transportation, you go to the end of Cambridge Street for Green Line and go to Main Street (near MIT) for Red Line. Remember to grab a map. If you drive, there's a parking lot behind MIT, which is free on Weekends.

For dining, part of Cambridge Street is called Inman Square, where many restaurants reside. This is a place local people love a lot. There is a good grille store, but I forget the name. Then there is Christina's, which offers homemade ice cream. Many Americans love the ice cream there, but do not try Banana Boat, as it is often too sweet for Chinese.

There is a restaurant called Mu Lan on Broadway Street. It offers Taiwanese cuisine but the owner is from Shan Dong. The good dishes include Mu Lan Chicken, Wu5 Geng1 Chang2 Wang4, stir fry beef with chili, etc. Another two good restaurants are Lao3 SiChuan and Sichuan Xiao3 Guan3. But these two are kind of out of town.

To get to Chinatown, ride Red Line to Downtown Crossing. Chinatown is one block away from the station, right behind a big movie theatre (Lowe's ?). There are quite a few nice restaurants in Chinatown. One of my favorite is Shabu-Zen, a Japanese hotpot restaurant. If you only need a quick meal, try any of the Vietnamese pho places. For Dim Sum, try Chao2 Zhou1. For quick lunch, try Hai3 Zhi1 Wei4. For lobster, try Zui4 Qiong2 Lou2.

If you have internet access, then you can find the directories of the above places easily. Boston is a small place, and Cambridge is also very small. So, most of the places are quite close-by.

Good luck and enjoy Boston.

家园 thanks a lot

几个地方有机会我都会去看.真是个美丽的城市

家园 在剑桥逛哈佛啊

还有MIT,MIT就在郎费罗桥边,走过去就是波士顿市中心,唐人街也不远.

家园 花谢
家园 按部就班

已经去了Natick mall、science museum、每天都要在MIT晃,去ChinaTown吃了几顿饭

其他项目慢慢来

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页