西西河

主题:莎朗斯通真实的态度:拒绝道歉 -- 新长城

共:💬189 🌺101 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 13
下页 末页
  • 家园 莎朗斯通真实的态度:拒绝道歉

看纽约时报的专访,莎朗斯通与迪奥产生了分歧。她拒绝道歉,因为那样会让她感觉到自己做错了什么。但事实上,她认为自己没错。她承认报应是胡扯,但认为自己要表达的是另外的意思,被媒体利用了。

俺觉得这段新闻实在很好,傻浪私通做的很好,让群众统一思想,提高认识,让我们对无耻与智商有了新的认识

THERE is no denying that the high-heeled foot in Sharon Stone’s mouth at the Cannes Film Festival belongs to the actress herself. She admitted that her comments suggesting that karmic retribution may have caused the devastating earthquakes in China were blithering.

Skip to next paragraph

Related

Dior Drops Actress From Ads After China Remarks (May 30, 2008)

Times Topics: Sharon Stone

“Clearly, I sound like an idiot,” said Ms. Stone on Thursday evening from her home in Los Angeles, after she had watched a widely viewed Internet video of her remarks from Cannes.

In the red-carpet interview on May 22, Ms. Stone, who was about to enter a fund-raising gala for the American Foundation for AIDS Research, of which she was a host, told a journalist: “I’m not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don’t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else. And the earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you’re not nice that bad things happen to you?”

The comments created a stir in the Chinese news media and on blogs, and Dior, which has a modeling contract with Ms. Stone for a face cream, removed her from advertising in China, fearing a backlash. Dior’s Shanghai office issued a statement in which Ms. Stone was quoted apologizing: “I am deeply sorry and sad about hurting Chinese people.”

In the 45-minute telephone interview Thursday night, Ms. Stone was at first strident and then contrite about her remarks. She insisted her comments in Cannes had been taken out of context. She also said that she resisted Dior’s efforts at damage control, and that the apology issued in her name distorted her words.

Early last week, Ms. Stone said, she received a call from Sidney Toledano, the chief executive of Dior, which hired the actress for beauty advertisements in 2005. “I talked to Sidney and I said: ‘Let’s get serious here. You guys know me very well. I’m not going to apologize. I’m certainly not going to apologize for something that isn’t real and true — not for face creams.’ ”

Ms. Stone said the interview in Cannes with her remarks about Tibet and karma came at the end of a media line of 80 to 100 television crews. She believes, but is not certain, the interviewer was from a Hong Kong television station. The call letters on the microphone are blurred out on Internet sites showing the video.

If Ms. Stone’s expression in the video seemed unduly happy as she referred to the earthquakes in Sichuan Province, which have taken the lives of more than 68,000 people, it may be because, as she said on Thursday, she had recently been in communication with the Bridge Fund, which does work on behalf of Tibetans, and was touched by the group’s relief efforts in the devastated area.

On May 20, Ms. Stone said, she received an e-mail message from her friend Monica Garry, executive director of the Bridge Fund, requesting a quote from the actress for the organization’s Web site that might encourage people to give money to the relief.

“This was the story I was telling the reporter” at Cannes, Ms. Stone said, adding that some of her explanatory comments were edited out.

At the end of the film festival, on May 24, Ms. Stone flew to Stockholm, where she was scheduled to address a global health forum attended by scientists and public health experts. Meanwhile, Chinese blogs were starting to condemn Ms. Stone for being insensitive.

“Now it’s turned into a three-ring circus,” said Ms. Stone, who is 50 and is set to begin production in Louisiana on a film with Val Kilmer called “Streets of Blood.”

Like many European luxury brands, Dior, which reported double-digit growth in China for the first three months of the year, looks to emerging consumer markets as a major source of revenue, and it is eager to avoid causing offense. In April, a pro-Tibetan demonstration during the Olympic torch relay in Paris brought calls in China to boycott the French retailer Carrefour.

Ms. Stone said that she told Mr. Toledano of Dior that since she didn’t believe she had done anything wrong, why didn’t Dior let her clarify her remarks with a statement? That statement, which Cindi Berger, a publicist for Ms. Stone, sent to The New York Times in an e-mail message, said, in part: “I am deeply saddened that a 10-second poorly edited film clip has besmirched my reputation of over 20 years of charitable services on behalf of international charities. My intention is to be of service to the Chinese people.” She expressed sympathy for the earthquake victims and said she regretted if her comments in Cannes were misunderstood.

Yet the apology released in Ms. Stone’s name by Dior’s office in Shanghai bears little resemblance to the original, and the difference seemed to irritate the star. To many bloggers, the apology made Ms. Stone seem at once groveling and insincere — another actress doing what she has to save a movie career.

“It makes it appear that I’m in agreement that I did a bad thing,” Ms. Stone said, adding that she believes the statement was not a poor translation but rather rewritten. It is unclear who at Dior provided the statement to the Chinese news media.

For actresses like Ms. Stone, whose image sells products, there is little room for fumbling. She said that she and Mr. Toledano have not discussed her contract with the company.

A Dior spokesman said Friday that Mr. Toledano was returning from a trip to China, along with his boss, Bernard Arnault, the chairman of LVMH Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton, and could not be reached for comment.

Although Ms. Stone said she is less concerned by the appeasing attitude of corporations toward China than what she calls the sensational tactics of journalists, she nonetheless sounded chastened by the episode. Noting more than once that she helped raised $10 million at the amfAR gala, Ms. Stone said that in the future she will chose her words more carefully. “I am really sorry that it created such a thing,” she said. “I misspoke for four seconds and it’s become an international incident.”

It was only after reviewing the video in her home toward the end of the interview that it seemed to dawn on Ms. Stone why her comments had caused such an uproar. “I had absolutely no intention of saying that, which I did say,” she said, “and now, looking at it on the tape, I look like a complete ding-dong.”

More Articles in Fashion & Style »

Get Times Reader Free. A Digital Newspaper That Reads

外链出处

• 家园 不明真相的围观群众

点看全图

• 家园 围观啊

美国的JY很好,围观

发现河里又有中国的JY,继续围观……

• 家园 围观啊, 围观,XXH真真好!!!嘿嘿
    • 家园 建议大家对楼下翻旧帐的某生物就不用再帮助教育了

人家认准了死理,说什么都没有用

其实,每个论坛都需要一只公宠

何必跟自己过不去,留着大家开开心心耍弄不是更好

• 家园 公宠???

• 家园 现在29岁还是孩子,大家多包容一些吧

在革命战争年代,29岁当个师长团长是太多了,可是现在是和平年代,也不搞政治运动了,普遍的晚熟现象是正常的。

假使真有战争来到的时候,我们要相信一大批晚熟的孩子会很快就成熟起来的。

时势造英雄。

• 家园 他是异类,普遍晚熟的我们不是那样

如果您说的普遍晚熟的特点是他那个样子的话,至少作为比29岁要小的我和我身边的朋友,真的是欲哭无泪想找豆腐撞死啊,请不要把这种万中无一的异类看成我们这个年纪的普遍现象,拜托了。

对于他本人,我无意置评,只是我至少熟读一句话“对于那些损着别人的牙眼,却主张宽容,反对报复的,万勿和他接近。”损害了别人的利益,却主张别人不可报复甚至不可责怪的,我真的很想问一句,谁赋予你的权利侵犯我责怪和不原谅的权利?谁赋予你对我履行权利的行为进行高高在上的批评?谁有赋予你对文明一词进行定义?既然他履行着他所谓的权利对我进行批评,那么我就有同样权利,高高在上的说一句“连恩怨是非都不分明,连基本的英文中文都看不明白,还谈什么文明?这是29岁的人?还是青春期以逆反为自我陶醉的小男生?”

• 家园 双响炮。

恭喜:你意外获得【通宝】一枚

谢谢:作者意外获得【通宝】一枚

鲜花已经成功送出。

此次送花为【有效送花赞扬,涨乐善、声望】

• 家园

花鲁迅先生这句~~

对于那些损着别人的牙眼,却主张宽容,反对报复的,万勿和他接近。

• 家园 确实,有些人认为愤青才是晚熟的表现。

如果您说的普遍晚熟的特点是他那个样子的话,至少作为比29岁要小的我和我身边的朋友,真的是欲哭无泪想找豆腐撞死啊,请不要把这种万中无一的异类看成我们这个年纪的普遍现象,拜托了。
            确实,有些人认为愤青才是晚熟的表现。

• 家园 我没让你宽容她,因为那些地方她没错。她错的地方,你尽管批

如果您说的普遍晚熟的特点是他那个样子的话,至少作为比29岁要小的我和我身边的朋友,真的是欲哭无泪想找豆腐撞死啊,
            那个仁兄什么“晚熟”的说法是可笑的。观点与他不同就是幼稚?

请不要把这种万中无一的异类看成我们这个年纪的普遍现象,拜托了。
            万中无一?你没去过天涯、凯迪、牛博吧?

只是我至少熟读一句话“对于那些损着别人的牙眼,却主张宽容,反对报复的,万勿和他接近。”损害了别人的利益,却主张别人不可报复甚至不可责怪的,我真的很想问一句,谁赋予你的权利侵犯我责怪和不原谅的权利?
            错了。本帖中,我的立场只是你们批斯通幸灾乐祸、故意恶心人等指控是批错了,是对她的误解。她没错的地方。谈何让你宽容?斯通有错的地方,一是对西藏的了解片面。二是不该把灾民都等同于对藏人不好的人。这两点,你们都可以批判。

谁赋予你对我履行权利的行为进行高高在上的批评?
            你有言论自由,我也有言论自由。不存在你言论而我无权批评的情况,反之亦然。这权利不需要谁赋予。

谁有赋予你对文明一词进行定义
            我有权讲我对文明的定义,你也可以。这同样不需要特权。

这是29岁的人?还是青春期以逆反为自我陶醉的小男生?
            我生于80,不是29?

• 家园 天涯、凯迪、牛博……

然后呢?天涯凯迪牛博加起来之后占80后多少?而且,你常混这种地方,我大概明白了一些东西……呵呵……嗯,好地方,物以类聚,人以群分么。你说她没错,说她没幸灾乐祸的根据呢?你有你对她发言的理解,你根据你的理解指责我们是错的,然后规定我可以指责什么不能指责什么,这还不是对我权利的侵犯吗?请不要把你的理解强加给我或者我们,那也是对我权利的侵犯。

• 家园 怎么,你规定,我不能说你错,是吗?

然后规定我可以指责什么不能指责什么,这还不是对我权利的侵犯吗?
                我在哪儿规定了?我是说你们指责错了。怎么,你规定,我不能说你错,是吗?

记住,我没有规定的特权。我和你是在平等的互相批评、互相辩论。不要扯什么“规定”啦……这莫明其妙嘛。

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 13
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河