西西河

主题:美国政府起诉中国军方人员 -- Magnocaudax

共:💬61 🌺205 🌵6 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看
/ 5
下页 末页
  • 家园 美国政府起诉中国军方人员

小可在纽约时报那篇主题文章的评论版上关于intellectual property发的comments,只发表出来两个,现在都贴在这里。很多观点是从陈经和其他大侠那里剽窃来的,当然啦,对我们copy-left来说,偷观点那真的不算是偷啊

第一贴

The whole idea behind intellectual property and theft is just flawed. If you invent the wheel and so gain a comparative advantage over other people, others will only pay you to use the wheel as long as you can guard your secret. It's not like physical object which is numerically single so your obtaining MY apple necessarily means I can't have THAT apple. Other people's having the IDEA of wheel-making is not going to make the inventor of that idea lose his own idea. It only ends the inventor's monopoly over that idea. Therefore to call it a theft is a bit of a stretch of terms. The proper way to call this kind of behavior, I think, should be "monopoly-breaking". We have to be grateful to all the past monopoly-breakers for not having to pay for all the mundane techniques such as zippers, bottoms, and shoe-laces we enjoy today.

路人甲回帖:

W.A. Spitzer Faywood, New Mexico 6 hours ago

If I spend money to do the research, and you take that research without fairly compensating me, then you are taking from me, something that I spent money to buy. Seems like a pretty accurate definition of theft to me.

小可回帖:

Your "spending money to do the research" is just a METAPHOR. To break it down, in order to do the research, you spend money to buy food, drink, research equipments, etc., all of which no one has taken away from you. Properly speaking, you didn't buy the result of your research as much as Archimedes didn't buy his principle. In order to buy something you need some one to buy from. Archimedes didn't buy his principle: he DISCOVERED something which has been out there since the Big Bang. Now you can make money out of the result of your research of course, but only so long as you CAN keep it beyond the reach of others. There is no moral right whatsoever extendible beyond that point. Those who argue for such right mistake power for right. Copy "right" is enforced by power, be it political or corporate, which has much to gain from imposing such "right". Therefore it is a misconception to expect "rightful" profit from conducting research: the profit people gain from the research is contingent on 1. the POWER to protect the secret, and 2. when that power is overcome, the POWER to enforce copy "right" law.

路人乙回帖:

PK South Carolina 2 hours ago

You sound like a Chinese 50 cent poster. It's nothing like seeing a wheel and then making your own. It's an intentional theft of technology and software for the explicit purpose of avoiding paying the inventor/innovator for the hard work and expenses incurred. Similar for drug development, techniques for surgery, artificial limbs, joints, AI algorithms, etc. The problem for China is that their communist system does not allow for individual thinking outside their designated box and thus they have no innovation so they feel stealing it is better than paying for it. Stealing someone else's property has always been unethical and immoral.

小可回帖:

Sounding like a 50 cent poster is better, I think, than sounding like an IQ 50 poster. I'm challenging the very idea that the so called "intellectual property" is a property and you tell me that stealing someone else's property is unethical. Oh well! What you should be arguing, in order to refute me, is why IDEAS can be properties. Think outside the box, please.

Your "China communist therefore no innovation", again, is just an "inside of the box" argument. The a-deomcratic hierarchical imperial Germany was the leading innovator in the late 19 to the early 20th century. What was our "democratic" America doing then? Copying others, and--surprise surprise--without paying for the ideas at that. So your argument is empirically WRONG and you only believe in it because it makes you feel better. The real reason why America is the leading innovator now is because it is the leading nation with the most advanced industrial capabilities and the biggest economy. You should really work hard now to keep that status rather than simply assuming it if you don't what to see China surpass you in innovation in your life-time while still being a-democratic.

路人丙回帖:

Andrew San Francisco, CA 58 minutes ago

That's ridiculous.

If Chinese companies want to compete with foreign companies who invent, design and create superior products, then they should at least have the honor and industriousness to attempt to reverse engineer the superior foreign products, then - gasp - possibly prove upon them through Chinese smarts and creativity.

Being caught red-handed stealing ideas, technology and other forms of intellectual property from other nations' companies to try to help your inferior businesses to catch up and compete is profoundly humiliating!

It's a self-inflicted insult to China's talent, culture, and civilization. Even a nation NOT concerned with face would be embarrassed.

How shameful!

小可回帖:

Hello leading commentator! I fail to see the shame or the ridicule here. Could you please enlighten me with an argument rather than a rant?

As much as I don't think there is such a thing as stealing IDEAS, I do think there is such a thing as stealing or grabbing PHYSICAL assets of others, and that people should be ashamed if they commit such a crime--a crime in which the imperial powers specialize. What makes hoarding "intellectual property" morally questionable is precisely that it helps powers, to which intellectual properties always concentrate because they are by definition powerful, to PHYSICALLY grab the properties of others. We have to be immensely grateful that the Chinese "intellectual thieves" "stole" the idea of A-bomb from the US in the 50s-60s which checked the US from threatening physically. Make no mistake, US did make such a threat in 1951 when they were pushed back in the Korean peninsula and they only abandoned the idea because soon afterwards they withstood the Chinese spring offensive and the war finally ended in a draw.

待续。

关键词(Tags): #网络安全#斯诺登#纽约时报通宝推:snark,
    • 家园 尊重别人的科研成果

是当前文明的基本要求。

楼主估计没有任何科学研究的背景,因此无法理解保护专利的现实意义。其实现在的中国和一百年前五四运动时期相比,在对德先生和塞先生德理解上都没有明显的进步。

• 家园 尊重别人的科研成果不一定需要付专利费

在科研领域,大家都很尊重别人的科研成果,其表现就是引用他人的文章。

可见尊重别人的科研成果不一定要付专利费。

• 家园 同意

引用他人文章是一种尊重。付专利费是另一种形式。各有其意义和作用。现代的科研开发正是基于这种既开放又封闭的体系,使得科研人员能够充分地交流,同时其利益也得到保障。我们现在享受的现代科技就是建立在这样的基础上的。作为这样体系的受益者,我们应该对这套系统,及创立这套系统的国家个人抱有敬意。有一天,如果我们对人类贡献超越了西方,我们可以提出自己的体系和制度。

前面有篇回复说到印度并不遵守西方的医药专利法。如果全世界都如此行,必将扼杀创新,此非人类之福。

• 同意
            家园 我不认为全世界不遵守西方的医药专利法就会扼杀创新了

“全世界不遵守西方的医药专利法就会扼杀创新”这个论断的前提是人如果不能通过卖药获取商业利益他就不会从事医学创新,但是这个前提是不成立的。

人除了获取商业利益之外,仍然会有很多动机去从事医学创新。最典型的,战胜病魔,解除亲人乃至人民群众的疾苦,就是一个非常重要的创新动力来源。这个动力激励了张仲景写出《伤寒杂病论》,也激励了老一辈医药工作者开发出青蒿素。他们干这些事的时候,可都没想过要收专利费呢。

• 家园 三哥在这个问题上与中国人站在一条战线上

印度有一整个医药“山寨”业,就是按欧美处方制药,印度法律有专门保护这个行业。基本上任何美国的处方药,印度那里都可以买到,价钱低廉。

最普世的三哥是最反对欧美知识产权的,纽约时报完全当没看见。

• 家园 美国版的"窃书不算偷"

美媒:美国间谍活动比中国高尚 符合外交准则

http://www.guancha.cn/america/2014_05_26_232512.shtml

我偷别人的钱放在口袋里,你偷了拿去花了。所以我比你高尚

美国是这个意思?

孔乙己的“窃书不算偷”的新说法,美国诠释了什么叫"人至贱者无敌"

• 家园 有点乱,专利保护的都不用偷

专利里都写明了。 要偷的也没有专利, 可口可乐配方有专利么? 手机按一下关机那是专利。

偷的都是商业机密国防机密,怎么能与专利产权盗版什么的弄到一堆去了。

• 家园 赞楼主!美国公司的技术很多也是在美国工作的中国人发明的

看到竟然有人说要证明“中国人的聪明”——这可真是没头苍蝇说的话啊。放眼硅谷,发明技术的都是漫山遍野的中国人。大部分洋人都在销售团队和marketing干着。或者凌驾在技术团队上奋力掩饰着自己外行的本质。

我们公司这一层楼,最近销售团队搬去了SF,剩下的技术团队,基本全都是中国人和印度人。

• 家园 我终于知道了‘五毛’的翻译了!!!
    • 家园 你脑中的世界model是自己的

跟别人辩论完全是浪费时间,因为别人活在现实宇宙里,而你活在自己的宇宙里

喵星人和汪星人看到的世界就不一样,解决问题的方法又如何能有共识。鸡同鸭讲还不如不讲

• 家园 给楼主提供点炮弹

我的看法是,专利制度目前已经严重阻碍了生产力的发展,所以是一种即将被历史淘汰的制度。

1,专利制度和科学技术创新的本来目的没什么关系。科学技术研究,主要有两个目的,第一是满足人的好奇心;第二是改善人民生活。这两点其实跟专利制度最多只有5毛钱的关系。中国在搞专利法以前大量的科研是实现了这两个目的的。

2,专利制度其实保护的是发明人的“收益权”。这个是私有制的产物,表明资本主义的魔爪已经从实体领域伸展到知识领域了。它是知识的私有化,是违反人类发展方向的。

3,知识产权制度在历史上起过进步作用,但是目前来看已经是负面作用大于正面作用了。目前,随着生产力的进步,科学技术研究的门槛在降低,一个人在家里也能折腾一个实验室搞发明了。此时,好的制度应当促进大家都来搞发明和技术革新。而专利制度导致很多人无法在现有成果上革新,因为你得付专利费。

4,中国发展的现实表明,如果你的工程技术人员足够多,那么不鸟专利制度,你山寨我我山寨你,是可以比专利制度更快促进技术进步的。这方面的典型例子是家电。

5,最后说一下,专利的原则是“公开换保护”,不公开则无保护。因此,对于美国不公开的技术,中国当然有权利采取一切方式获得之。

通宝推:mezhan,
分页树展主题 · 全看
/ 5
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河