西西河

主题:【原创+翻译】战争与痛苦(1) -- 夏至欧锦

共:💬55 🌺145 🌵2 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页
          • 家园 我怕他熬不过去
          • 家园 谢谢

一开始,我也是按您这个译法。考虑到,阿拉伯人的表达习惯,也是含蓄的。按照当场的情况,似乎应该表述的更为含蓄。毕竟伤者还没有完全失去意识。但对我现在这个翻译,还是不满意的。

• 谢谢
              家园 你来最终取舍吧

make it 是个习惯用语,我认为在这样的语境里就是指他可能死去,上一节里说他被迫击炮弹片击中。

• 家园 a small translation mistake

You had this coming when you thought you could change the order of this country

should not be

你们是不是觉得一打仗,国家秩序就可以被你们改变了?”

• 家园 Sentence from the writer

we are still having long hours without electricity here. and when the power is on, i just have so much to do, so i am really sorry for not being able to send you my writing any faster.

you can find attached chapter two. i took into consideration the valuable comments of the readers. i hope this chapter is clearer for them to read.

the website is all in Chinese and i have not managed yet to log in and answer the comments myself. so please feel free to answer them yourself now.

以上是作者给我邮件里的话。

为了第一时间献给读者,我不加翻译,已经把原文传上来。

哪位有兴趣,也给翻译下原文。我的译文晚点发来。

• 家园 感谢楼主分享,试译一下,文笔不好,献丑了

译文:我们这还是长时间的没有电,一旦来电了,我又有太多的事情要做,我真的非常抱歉,确实无法把所写的更快的发给您。

您可以在附件里找到第二章(或者是两章?),我正在考虑读者回馈中的宝贵建议,希望这一章能够更清晰,便于他们阅读。

(您提到的)网站是全中文的,我还没有找到能够登陆的方式,也无法亲自回答有关的评论,请您按照自己的意见回答就可以了。

慨叹一下:宁做太平犬,不当乱世人,唉!

• 家园 Excellent

except that this part reads a bit confusing:

I recognized the voice. She was the wife of my brother in law. She was looking for me in the darkness.

Two days ago, her brother was helping some people who were hit by a bomb shell, when another one fell at the same location. He was brought here. His sister was the only relative he had left here. Their parents died and their only brother was shot dead in the head about a month ago. His body was maimed by about a hundred of tiny mortar ricochets. I could easily figure out why she was looking for me. She needed me to give him a painkiller injection, for I had a training at the medical center in our town a few years ago.

It appears that "the wife of my brother in law" had two brothers, one wounded while helping others and the other, shot dead a while ago. The sentence "His body was maimed by about a hundred of tiny mortar ricochets." presumably refers to the wounded, given the word "maim", but it would be clearer if you refer to the characters by names, e.g.,

That was Abby, the wife of my brother in law.

... her brother, John, was helping some people...

John was brought here, as Abby was the only relative he had left here.

John was maimed by hundreds of tiny mortar ricochets.

etc.

Just my two cents. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

• 家园 Love in the Darkness

Personally, I would like to use Love in the Darkness as the title. Love can be the only reason for the endurance and prays. Also,love ,though tunnel-visioned sometimes, gives everyone hopes too.

• 家园 Good advice

Thanks a lot. I should contact her about this. People there always surfer from power out,she didn't reply me yesterday. Her husband missing for 17 months.

• 家园 Thans Author
    • 家园 不知为什么,想起老歌 Freedom 的MTV

很好听的曲,却由很痛苦的人来表达……

• 家园 Reply in English per request

As a mother I have great empathy with your experience.

I feel sad for your family's experience.

May peace return to your homeland.

• 家园 thumbs up

It flows really well. I look forward to reading more.

• 家园 希望有英文跟帖

我已经把链接给了原作者

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河